Cam chain and tensioner

i took the top end off of my 2000 xr650r to get the cylinder bored, and noticed the cam chain tensioner is all chewed up, chunks missing and everything. the chain didnt seem that loose, anyway should i just get another stock chain or is there a heavy duty one i should get, can i get the chain and tensioner all in one kit, should i get new sprokets?????? where would i find this stuff

thanks

www.servicehonda.com to order

www.xr650r.us or somehwere has an online microfiche for part numbers

I know the 650R motor is tough, but I like to lubricate mine with oil instead of rocks.

Rocks? whats that supposed to mean

Personally, I like hondaparts-direct.com. They seem to ship parts a little faster then service honda. About the same price, though.

He was giving you a hard time, because to chew up a cam chain tentioner, there must be something else wrong...

yeah I was just messing with ya. I took out some cam chain tensioner sliders/guides on a 22R Toyota once that looked like that. I drove the piss out of that car.

Hope your refresh goes well!

Personally, I like hondaparts-direct.com. They seem to ship parts a little faster then service honda. About the same price, though.

He was giving you a hard time, because to chew up a cam chain tentioner, there must be something else wrong...

I second hondapart-direct. Good prices and fast shipping. But i am not sure if you can get the hrc cam chain from there.

thanks for all the help, now where to find the hrc cam chain, and is that a one piece chain, or seperated so i dont have to take the clutch off.

The cam chains are endless chains and are not made to come apart. The clutch basket is not hard to remove. You can order the HRC cam chain from a local Honda shop if not off line as said, before.