xr650r

My dealer did'nt even know what an xr650r was.

LOL. don't you love how some dealers have absolutely no clue about the products they sell? I stay as far away from these people as I possibly can! (I don't know how big of a dealer selection you have in your neck of the woods though)

When I buying my XR650R this pompous ass of a dealer (he ONLY sold honda mind you)...was like, "yeah, i can get you a xr650r...theres tons sitting in the warehouse because they are pieces of shit...your going to have to rebuild the top end every 10hours on it"

me: "sure guy, catch you later" ....i drove to the other end of the city and bought a brand new XR650R + baja kit + clarke tank + other goodies... that guy didn't have to "sell" me on a single thing...all he needed to do was provide me with the bike....his loss :busted:

As for the XRR...if you can get your hands one go for it! They are sick.... mine is about 17 months old now and has 15,000+ miles on. I beat the ever-living crap put of it on the street/ dirt...change the oil and adjust valves about every 1000 miles....it DOES NOT BURN A DROP OF OIL!!! And still had sick amounts of power despite the milage/ abuse.

rebuild the top end ever 10hrs :busted: dealers ?

Where I live, there are brand new XR650R's on the showroom floor, uncorked, plated and street legal, with turn signals / rear light & brake light / horn / brighter headlight with glass lens (i.e. European issue) for US$ 6,300.

But it's a long way from the US...

There's a "used" 2007 with about five miles on a showroom floor in Austin. Guy took it home, didn't like the power, brought it back. I tried to tell him about the powerup kit, but no dice. His loss.

There is almost none at dealerships out here in the Northeast, i think the closest 1 to me i know about is in NJ...There isant gona be many left by this time next year.

"your going to have to rebuild the top end every 10hours on it"

I'm well over due than. Not sure what's been holding it together all these years.

I couldn't find one at a dealer since 2004 when they were still making them. Ya they could get me one but they sure liked to push the 450 on me. "what do you want one of those things for?" was the typical response. No wonder they didn't sell well. There are lot's of good used units around. You don't have to deal with stupid sales people and most are uncorked with aftermarket goodies already installed.