HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
970bronco

06 Yz450f - No Spark!!!! Help!!

5 posts in this topic

I purchased an 06 and it did start and run when I bought it. Since then I have changed the jets - 45/165 with stock position 4 on the needle. Checked the timing and valves...no adjustment everything looked good. Back together now won't start. Changed the plug won't start. Checked for spark with 3 differnt plugs on every bolt I could get the plug on no spark. Disconnected the kill switch and cleaned the ground and still no spark. I'm figuring it must be a coincidence. The guy I bought it off of did say sometimes it wouldn't start. Figured it was the pilot circuit (which he did have off with a 48 - 3 1/2 turns out.) So....just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if there is a more common failure. Coilpack? Condenser? Thanks for any help. Next step is the shop if I can't get it!!! HELP!!

Thanks a bunch for the info. All I have is the basic book. I think I'll pick up a manual. I actually just dropped the bike off out of frustration. Hopefully they come up with something pretty quick on it.

thanks

Lee

Thanks a bunch for the info. All I have is the basic book. I think I'll pick up a manual. I actually just dropped the bike off out of frustration. Hopefully they come up with something pretty quick on it.

thanks

Lee

The basic book? The big blue one the says owner's service manual? It's all in there. :thumbsup:

thanks

Lee

I had an 06 in the shop today with this same problem. It was the stator. This is only the second one i've seen in a couple years with this problem. I have seen bad plug cap/coils a couple times also.