HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Summit

Longer throttle cable needed for bar risers?

5 posts in this topic

I just recieved a set of BARRISERS for my 05 WR450 and I was wondering if the throttle cable will be long enough?

I just recieved a set of BARRISERS for my 05 WR450 and I was wondering if the throttle cable will be long enough?

i have a gps sub mount which raise the bars and inch an half and then i also added a little taller bar. with this combo i am at the max (actually had to re route the cables a little. so i would say anything over 2in yes new cables anything under and your good to go! hope this helps

I have the Up and Forward barrisers on my 01 WR426 with stock cables.

I run the Thumper Racing 1.5" Up and forward riser with stock cables, the trick I do is to roll the cables/throttle underneath the bar; instead of the cable coming out of the throttle on top of the bar. Pull the grip off and reglue it in the correct position.

Been running this for 7 years on 3 bikes, no problems with the cables.

Thanks for the replys guys. I just finished putting them on and everything seems fine. Took it for a little rip and it feels awesome, stand up is SO much better. Got a weird arm pump though and I only rode it for 5 minutes. Hope it's just the different handlebar position and a little getting use to. And by the way, the Barrisers are a very good product, high quality, great fit and super fast service, I would highly recomend them if you're looking for a taller bar.