HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grae

05 450 sprocket size

6 posts in this topic

Hi.

I know I probably could have just searched this, but i`m just too lazy now. Well, I spend most of my time on Mx tracks, and now I have 14/45 sprockets on. But the thing is I usually just get to use the 3 first gears, and I was thinking of going with 14/49 sprockets. Does this sound like a god idea too you?

Oh, and I hate snow:banghead:

14/45 is impractically high gearing with any big YZF I can think of. I know you're feeling lazy and all that, but how about working up the energy to tell us what year/model you're talking about?

And the snow? It's not my fault.

I think his title says 05 450

Yeah, you're right. Multi-tasking again. :thumbsup:

In that case, 14/45 is hugely taller than stock (14/51). The '05 has taller primary gearing than your '03, and the difference is almost exactly one tooth at the front. He would need to run a 13/50 to match yours.

But I have run my '03 4 speed with both a 14/49 and a 15/49, and on an '05, this would be like a 13/49 and a 14/49, respectively. 14/49 will still be a little on the big side, but much more usable than what you now have.