Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yz250o2

2008 White Bros Pipe-Popping-Help.

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys its me again. I can't seem to stop the popping on this pipe(White Bros aluminum Pro). I put a 48 pilot in and the needle is at the 5th position. Main is 165.

I noticed that when the temp dropped it made the bike actually backfire every once and awhile, which From what I believe, Colder air-leaner mixture.

(By the way its Deaccel backfire and popping only)

From talking to all the tech they are saying that 50 is too large to put in. But is there something else I can do to this carb other than the fuel screw(which doesn't help alot) to stop that backfiring.

I can't be the only one with a wide open pipe....

i have the same system. I have a 52 in my pilot, needle in stock, and a 170 main.

Check your seal at the head. That may not be tight enough....

Mine runs great. If it is set up fast...you will have a LITTLE popping...Lean is fast.

Hi, it's me again, reminding you that decel popping is a normal characteristic of a YZ450 if the bike is jetted right, and is harmless. If you don't have an air leak in the exhaust , the only way to get rid of it is to richen the bike until it becomes hard to start when hot.

Unless it sounds like a machine gun every time you let off in gear, I wouldn't worry about it.

Hi, it's me again, reminding you that decel popping is a normal characteristic of a YZ450 if the bike is jetted right, and is harmless. If you don't have an air leak in the exhaust , the only way to get rid of it is to richen the bike until it becomes hard to start when hot.

Unless it sounds like a machine gun every time you let off in gear, I wouldn't worry about it.

thats what i ment to say....much better put gray!

Haha thats what Im getting from everybody. Im coming off the 2stroke ....little new to me lol.

52.....isnt that a little too fat?

What he ^ said:thumbsup:

Haha thats what Im getting from everybody. Im coming off the 2stroke ....little new to me lol.

52.....isnt that a little too fat?

I live in the mid-west....so no....