HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sharktaco

Wave Rotors?

10 posts in this topic

I have the rear wave rotor on my L, the front one they list for the L does not fit.

Looks cool, but doesn't work any better than the stocker.

The big pluses for wave rotors is that they clean out quickly and disapate heat better.

I have the rear wave rotor on my L, the front one they list for the L does not fit.

Looks cool, but doesn't work any better than the stocker.

Well, I should have listened to you. The front doesn’t fit. I’m looking for a FRONT wave rotor for a 2007 Honda XR650L with stock hub/rim. For some reason, the front rotor for this bike, as listed in the Galfer catalog part # DF017, does not fit. Anyone aware of any other rotor that will fit?

Well, I should have listened to you. The front doesn’t fit. I’m looking for a FRONT wave rotor for a 2007 Honda XR650L with stock hub/rim. For some reason, the front rotor for this bike, as listed in the Galfer catalog part # DF017, does not fit. Anyone aware of any other rotor that will fit?

What do you mean it 'does not fit'? Most Galfer rotors are oversize, and need a caliper reloator bracket.

What do you mean it 'does not fit'? Most Galfer rotors are oversize, and need a caliper reloator bracket.

The bolt pattern is different. The front Galfer bolts are spaced about 3 3/4 inches apart, as measured from the center of the bolt holes. The holes on the stock rotor are closer to 5 inches apart. The diameter of the rotor itself is correct, as is the thickness. The rear rotor fits fine.

do you think it would be worth it for my xr650r supermoto?

oversized is what makes the big difference, save money from buying a stock size and get a larger rotor kit.