Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Windseeker

YZ450F 08 original pipe

16 posts in this topic

I got my 08 bike today. Surprise - it has a ugly longish wr-style pipe - not the shorty lovingly depicted at the yamaha site.

Here are the photos. Has anyone seen this pipe on a 08 bike? Mine is a japanese market version.

Thanks.:thumbsup:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=50896

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=50898

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=50897

thats the way they come in europe, your lucky.. the pipe here is like a plug.

whats in the bag (other then the menual)?

thats the way they come in europe, your lucky.. the pipe here is like a plug.

whats in the bag (other then the menual)?

Looks good to me..

following Soudry's query, Is that a spare airfilter in the bag?

Looks like a bar pad.

Bar pad/tank breather tube/owners manual/spoke wrench and main jets.

Bar pad/tank breather tube/owners manual/spoke wrench and main jets.

Correct-o.

I guess not only european but japanese versions got the old pipe as probably it ate less power...

Yes there is a bomb thing on the header too. So pipe is complete like 06 model (as 07 came to us from Japan this year without bomb thing!)

After having read all (mostly sad stuff) about 08 bike I was going to lose the original pipe anyway - so no big deal if its short or long now...

Thanks to all for comments, and DPW for supplying links to the existing threads on the subject.

If I were you, I'd try it the way it is first. That exhaust system will most likely NOT savage your low end power the way the US muffler does. I'm not saying you shouldn't or can't replace it if you want, only that it's probably nowhere near as bad as ours is, and you may like it just fine.

That is a big sucker

Guess ya get to buy a aftermarket pipe

Oh darn LOL

1 person likes this

Consider yourself lucky.......I know many USA 08 riders that would die for that pipe stock

Now they know where to get it..

Japan or Russia I guess.

Maybe the new pipe was something to do with the EPA????

This muffler is used in europe and all other countries with FIM politics because the FIM reduced the sound to 94dB in 2008. It was told that with the US muffler (short version) 94db isn't possible and the AMA has a 96dB limit. So the japanese market is also under the FIM rules.

If I were you, I'd try it the way it is first. That exhaust system will most likely NOT savage your low end power the way the US muffler does. I'm not saying you shouldn't or can't replace it if you want, only that it's probably nowhere near as bad as ours is, and you may like it just fine.

Ok - promise will break in and ride with this pipe first (normally waiting 3-4 weeks for the staff to arrive from US online shops :busted: Then will report on the difference if any (except the noise).:busted:

Seems that again grass just seems greener and pipes juicier on the other side ... :thumbsup:

I have the same bike with the same pipe, at first I was dissapointed because I like the way it looks the shorty exaust, but It´s just find, or do my friend has a 2007 with a T4 exaust (original header) and it feels a little more powerfull but a LOT more loud, so I like my quiet pipe, at least for now