Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SID013

Powerbomb question

11 posts in this topic

I am looking at getting some more low end power for my '06 WR450 & presently have a DRD slipon exhaust with the standard WR450 header. Question is will a FMF Powerbomb or Megabomb header suit the DRD slipon or do I have to buy a complete FMF system? Also are they really worth the bucks.

Looking for some feedback.

Cheers from Oz

The fmf powerbomb will fit the stock pipe so I believe it should fit the Dr D. I ran the powerbomb with a stock uncorked pipe on my 04 and there was a noticable difference in power.I just put a fmf q4 on it and will check it out today. Ed Scott

I've had the Powerbomb on since day one. The Dr. D is my third can. Honestly, I can't give you an opinion on just the header, but the whole setup is great. I've got no issues with clearance during an oil change, and I even have an E-Line carbon fiber heat shield on it that never comes off...SC

The fmf powerbomb will fit the stock pipe so I believe it should fit the Dr D. I ran the powerbomb with a stock uncorked pipe on my 04 and there was a noticable difference in power.I just put a fmf q4 on it and will check it out today. Ed Scott

Many thanks for the responses guys, I didn't consider the clearance ussies for oil filter changes but Clarke answered that one for & also a heat shield. Great info, No just gotta cough up the dollars for the Powerbomb.

Thanks again.

Cheers from Oz.

As long as your going power bomb , I would go with the Stainless Steel version. Depending on your terrain and riding style - I was always denting and smashing the OEM Ti unit. The SS / SX Power bomb appears to be way more resistant to denting:thumbsup:

As long as your going power bomb , I would go with the Stainless Steel version. Depending on your terrain and riding style - I was always denting and smashing the OEM Ti unit. The SS / SX Power bomb appears to be way more resistant to denting:thumbsup:

I was going to go with the SS header anyway as being an old bloke I occassionally fall off. :busted: Thanks for the heads up.

:thumbsup:

You will be very happy w/ the powerbomb , sx version for low end torque. I put this headpipe on for that very reason and got just what I hoped for, more chug on bottom and a stronger pull through the mid into the top. The top end definitely drops off earlier compared to the stock headpipe though.