Which models came stock with Excel rims?

All the YZ (125, 250, 250F and 450F) as well as WR models come with Excell rims and have for many years. One thing to consider though, just because they have Excell rims doesn't mean they share the same hubs. If you plan on keeping your old hub and relacing it with a new wheel you should be OK.

All the YZ (125, 250, 250F and 450F) as well as WR models come with Excell rims and have for many years. One thing to consider though, just because they have Excell rims doesn't mean they share the same hubs. If you plan on keeping your old hub and relacing it with a new wheel you should be OK.
WRONG The YZ250F came with DID's. I believe all of the rest of them came Excels, though.

Also, while all of the fronts are 1.60 wide 21 inchers, the 125 and 250F models have 1.85 wide rear rims, and the WR models have 18 inch rears.

WRONG The YZ250F came with DID's. I believe all of the rest of them came Excels, though.

Also, while all of the fronts are 1.60 wide 21 inchers, the 125 and 250F models have 1.85 wide rear rims, and the WR models have 18 inch rears.

Yeah, I've been looking for a time to move down to an 18" on the 426 for a while (since I do nothing but serious trail riding with it), just couldn't justify ripping off the perfectly fine 19" and waisting money to do it; now that it's cracked and needs to be replaced it's the perfect time.

Thanks for the heads up on the Excel info, now if I would have just noticed this before I bought the brand new Maxxis Desert IT... ?

J

I dont think the earlier WR's came with them, I dont think it was till around 03, I may be wrong, you might dig around on the WR forum.

Current owner of two 99 WR400s. Both bikes have Excels front and back.