HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A-10 Crewdog

478 Big bore kit.

6 posts in this topic

I'm looking for someone who has installed an Athena 478 big bore kit. I have an 06 that I am going through which needs a new top end and was wondering what kind of unit the Athena was as far as fit, finish and reliability. I ride mostly in the forest with an occasional trip to the local m-x track and am looking for the best bang for the buck. Thanks much. Crewdog

As for that kit,It was a great fit,and quality parts

Very good performance boost with stock cams

But if I had to do another,I might try a stroker crank with stock bore

I just rode and raced my new 08 Fri. and Sat. at a local indoor race. I installed the Athena kit with HotCams, DRD pipe and ZipTy carb mod. Wow! my bike runs incredible. I have never had a 4-stroke with the instant throttle response that this bike has. I had the ZipTy mod done on my 07 and it never ran this good. I can hardly wait to get this bike to a track that I can get it out of 3rd gear. For now I will have to wait for some snow to melt. I pulled several hole shots over the weekend (I raced in 3 classes both nights) and won all but 2 moto`s in the A class. This bike just flat out hauls butt! What I will probably do next is install a flywheel weight and go 2 teeth smaller on the rear sprocket. I also have a Rekluse Pro that I plan on installing.

what is the Zip Ty mod? i guess probably the BK mod.
Hardly. There is an AP mod done as part of the package, but the big thing is that the main air circuit is modified.