YZ450F forks / shock on '01 YZ426F?

Any benefit to switching out my stock 01 forks or rear shock for later model 450 stuff? Mostly curious about the forks...

Yes, there is. Not so much the shock, as the fork, but the the shocks have been upgraded and refined in later models.

The forks are more or less identical up to '03. In '04, the forks were upgrade to a 48mm single chamber, and in '05, they were significantly upgraded to a dual chamber. These should fit your frame if you use the clamps that go with the fork.

In the long run, it may be more practical to revalve your suspension, or upgrade the bike.

Yes, there is. Not so much the shock, as the fork, but the the shocks have been upgraded and refined in later models.

The forks are more or less identical up to '03. In '04, the forks were upgrade to a 48mm single chamber, and in '05, they were significantly upgraded to a dual chamber. These should fit your frame if you use the clamps that go with the fork.

In the long run, it may be more practical to revalve your suspension, or upgrade the bike.

I plan on keeping the 426 at least until 2010 and planning on sending my suspension off to enzo for revalving and rebuilding. I was just thinking maybe I could start out with better, THEN have that dialed in for my weight, the 426's extra weight, and my riding style. I have possible other plans for some of the stock 426 stuff (put it on my old school YZ490) is why this seems like a decent option for me.

If I were to upgrade the front forks to 05+ 450 ones, what is the down side? Are the forks the same length? Certainly don't need any compromises in the bike's ergos.. Thanks for the help guys!