clutch kit for 426

hello, i need to replace my clutch because it is burnt out bad!! iv done it before but i was cheap and got an off brand so it only lasted a little over a year. i forgot what all i need to replace. i know the 6 springs, 8 clutch plates and 8 friction plates. however, when im looking at the diagram there seems to be 1 primary friction plate, a clutch boss spring, and a seat plate. do i need those three as well? or can someone direct me to a complete clutch kit that has everything i need? thank you, jeremy

I would go with a Stock Yamaha clutch. get everything you listed above. from my experience the stock clutch plated last longer. Once you have replaced everything you listed, the next time you need a clutch i would just get friction plates and springs

Springs and steel plates usually don't wear out too often, but it depends on riding style I guess. The frictions are the main things that wear out. I've never broken into mine yet and haven't looked in the manual lately, so I'm not sure about the setup.

I would go with a Stock Yamaha clutch. get everything you listed above. from my experience the stock clutch plated last longer. Once you have replaced everything you listed, the next time you need a clutch i would just get friction plates and springs

This is good advice. The OEM parts are as good as, or better than anything sold except for Hinson and GYT-R plates, IMO. The stock springs are so cheap, and yours have been around a while, that it makes no sense not to change them.

Order all of the parts you mentioned, including the three you listed last. They will work as well as any kit you can buy.

I too vote for OEM parts.

Springs and steel plates usually don't wear out too often

Actually the springs are the first thing to wear out. The springs lose tension over time and the clamping pressure is decreased making the clutch more likely to slip excessively.

Steel plates should be replaced when replacing the fibers. They warp over time from being heated (and/or abused). Once the warp, they won't make correct contact with the fiber plate(s).

The stock plates are good, but I've actually had the best luck with the Tusk brand. They last a long time, and they are 1/2 the price of the big name brands.