Why can't I find a tire?

I have been looking for a quality tire for my replacement tire. I can't seem to find any damn 17" rear wheel tires. My wheels are 2.25-17, and my current tire size is 4.60-17. What should I do? (I don't know the name of my current tire right now) Thanks

I have been looking for a quality tire for my replacement tire. I can't seem to find any damn 17" rear wheel tires. My wheels are 2.25-17, and my current tire size is 4.60-17. What should I do? (I don't know the name of my current tire right now) Thanks

I used to run Cheng-Shin C-760s on the rear of my XR600s, they are available in 120/100-17. They are a little on the heavy side, but wear well and get excellent traction on a variety of surfaces. The knobs are tall and can be squared off 1 time with a knife when they become rounded. The sidewall is very stiff allowing low tire pressure for great traction. I once ran one flat for 35 miles in the woods, (carefully), no damage to the tire although the tube didn't fare as well.

Q,Why can't i find a tire?

A,You're not looking hard enough?

B, It's a lifestyle choice?

C, pass another beer.

Try the IRC VE33 in 5.10x17. It was stock on many XRs throughout the years. They wear well and are cheap ($50 or so).

A later drum brake XR600 with an 18" wheel mounts up with no mods. Keep an eye on eBay.

"O"

Alright, will do. Thanks for the suggestions.

Link doesn't work

I liked the IRC VE33 in 5.10x17 on my 17 inch rims. I thought that they were better than any of the Cheng Shin's. The Kenda K257 tire suggested is very simialr to the ChenShin 755. It's OK, but about the same as the ChenShin's performance wise. There is also a Bridgestone that is a M22(maybe M23?) and it is pretty good as well.

Wow, that was great. Thanks