HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
allanwessels

Making my '07 WR450 lighter

12 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone had some killer diet ideas for my WR450, I love the bike but it's so dang heavy, If I could get 15-20lbs off I would be in heaven!

I've already replaced the pipe & installed the AIS removal kit...

I'm guessing the biggest return in this venture would be to pull the battery, is this possible, if so what are the implications besides having to kick start it every time?

Do the new WRs come with the Ti shock spring like the YZs?

There is some weight right there

15-20 lbs is wishful thinking. Many will buy the YZF instead.

Even after you have swapped out the pipe and AIS, by the time you add

handguards and skidplate and other armor for protection, you're right back where you started if not even heavier. Sorry.

use a bunch of yz stuff . rear spring , air box , cdi and radiator cap ...Then toss the the overflow tank ,starter , battery , head light tail light and most of the wiring do all that and you should be getting close to 20 lbs

I was wondering if anyone had some killer diet ideas for my WR450, I love the bike but it's so dang heavy, If I could get 15-20lbs off I would be in heaven!

I've already replaced the pipe & installed the AIS removal kit...

I'm guessing the biggest return in this venture would be to pull the battery, is this possible, if so what are the implications besides having to kick start it every time?

Weight on a WR is like a woman with a big ass. It always seems big when you're tossing it around. If you drop it, its really heavy to pick up. If you fall off, it hard to climb back on. But once you relax and get really used to riding it, you'll never hit bottom.:thumbsup:

Weight on a WR is like a woman with a big ass. It always seems big when you're tossing it around. If you drop it, its really heavy to pick up. If you fall off, it hard to climb back on. But once you relax and get really used to riding it, you'll never hit bottom.:thumbsup:

:busted: I'll never look at my WR in the same light ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:busted:

Funny shite:applause:

Weight on a WR is like a woman with a big ass. It always seems big when you're tossing it around. If you drop it, its really heavy to pick up. If you fall off, it hard to climb back on. But once you relax and get really used to riding it, you'll never hit bottom.:busted:

Holy cow! That's friggin' funny!:thumbsup:

15-20 lbs is wishful thinking. Many will buy the YZF instead.

i bought my wr for the tranny everything esle was a bonus if you may...i bet there would be a lot of guys who would like a yz that came from the factory with a wr tranny?

I'd buy the yzf if it had a green sticker. But instead I'm looking at the wr.

buy them both and swap the frames . then sell the watered down yz with a head light and keep the wr title with all yz stuff and a green sticker:thumbsup: :thumbsup::busted: It's kind of crazy sounding but you get what you want then. and you know it's only money.