Whats a fair price?

Hi guys, I wanted to ask you all what a fair price for a 06 YZ450 with low hours. I got the bike last May, it was a left over 06, and I have had about 6 rides on it. I do not have an hour meter on the bike but I would estimate around 15 hours. I was thinking around $4500. The picture that I put attached to this post was it when I got it, since then I added a blue rear 49T Renthal Sprocket, front 13T Renthal Sprocket, a gold Regina chain and a Twin Air air filter. I will try to get a more recent picture. The bike still looks as good, just with the added goodies.

yz

Nice looking ride.....

The problem is this......What is a fair price?

Unfortunately the market price for used or even a new 06 is in the toilet. As well as every other year bike:excuseme:

Look at what used 06s are going for in Ohio, as every state has different prices. Set your price aggressively or find a buddy to sell it to.

I have many friends who have 02s - 07s for sale ...of every color and most of them are not even getting calls for a "Best Price" ..... This is a terrible time to sell but a great time to buy!:thumbsup:

Funny thing also is that new bike sales are way down for every color this year to....so expect a lot of 08s to be around a while and prices to fall over time.....

And you can blame Honda for making way too many CRFs.......since 02 this is one key reason why it is so hard to sell a used 4stroke and not take a complete bath on your selling price

And they just keep raising the MSRP every year.......soon pricing will be the death to these future sales as 8k, 8.5k and 9k bike prices occur in the next few years:excuseme:

I have been looking for a used YZ for a year......nothing!!:thumbsup:

That is a fair price for that bike and i would buy it in a heartbeat if I could ride it first...

Try www.Kbb.com ...under motorcycles

I recently paid $3800 for a stock '06 with under 5 hours on it, and in SoCal, to boot. $4500 will probably be hard to get.

I recently paid $3800 for a stock '06 with under 5 hours on it, and in SoCal, to boot. $4500 will probably be hard to get.

I was thinking 3500 is more the correct price. Even though its a clean looking bike. I'm kinda stuck myself with what to do with my 06. It's extremely clean also with about 35 hours on it. I would be happy with 3500. I've seen lots of cheap/ almost new 06's for 3500.

Thanks for the replies. I looked at Kelly Blue Book and its retail value was $4520. I thought that if I wanted to sell it I probably would have to take a hit, just thought I would see what everyone else was thinking.

I was thinking 3500 is more the correct price. Even though its a clean looking bike. I'm kinda stuck myself with what to do with my 06. It's extremely clean also with about 35 hours on it. I would be happy with 3500. I've seen lots of cheap/ almost new 06's for 3500.

I have mine just sitting also dont know if its worth selling:bonk:

scary to think a new 08 will only be worth 3500 in less than 2 years.....ridiculous:excuseme:

scary to think a new 08 will only be worth 3500 in less than 2 years.....ridiculous:excuseme:

yep but all the fun you have is priceless. I have ex gfs that cost me 10's of thousand and i couldnt ride them whenever i wanted:excuseme:

yep but all the fun you have is priceless. I have ex gfs that cost me 10's of thousand and i couldnt ride them whenever i wanted:excuseme:

there is a reason they are Ex Gfs...

there a reason why never buy a brand new boat

and unfortunately there is no good reason why a 8000k mx bike will be worth poop in 2 years:cry:

You must be feeling better this week Matt!

You must be feeling better this week Matt!

He does seem more coherent, doesn't he? Having a little trouble lifting his finger off the keyboard sometimes, though...:thumbsup:

yeah but a 3 hour surgery tomorrow. on my hand and finger, so if i act nuts this weekend its because they have lots of pain pills ready for me. I have also bought 2 cases of beer, lots of football and TT this weekend be ready. If I start posting pics of me in a thong on my bike please delete them gray:naughty:

If I start posting pics of me in a thong on my bike please delete them gray:naughty:
Just as soon as I recover from the shock. :thumbsup:

No kidding! Maybe i'll hold on to the 06 and by the time the 09's are out I can turn both the 08 and 06 into an 09!!

HA! I just picked up a hardley ridden but all stock 06YZ450 for $3800 in NorCal :thumbsup::busted: :busted:

yeah but a 3 hour surgery tomorrow. on my hand and finger, so if i act nuts this weekend its because they have lots of pain pills ready for me. I have also bought 2 cases of beer, lots of football and TT this weekend be ready. If I start posting pics of me in a thong on my bike please delete them gray:naughty:

good luck with the surgery Matt......

No Thong pics necessary unless they are female....:thumbsup:

HA! I just picked up a hardley ridden but all stock 06YZ450 for $3800 in NorCal :thumbsup::busted: :busted:

geez if you and Grey are buying 06s at great prices in Cali, which historically is usually the highest cost on everything, just imagine what these are going for here in the SE......ugly:thumbsdn:

I wish that Honda didn't overproduce their bikes. They did it to regain the #1 spot in sales but it hurts everything else in the market. Who wants to pay $4500 for a used 450 when they can buy a leftover 06 CRf450 for $4,800. It really should hurt the hondas more as there are so many of them out there, just like there are tons more F-150 than tundras, that their value should go down but it effects the whole market. Maybe honda will stop overproducing them, I doubt it, and the used market will be better. One other thing to think about is that as the new price rises the used market should rise with it. Honda is really killing the used market.

theres a new 08 on ebay right now for 5949 otd.the seller is in hollywood.

No kidding! Maybe i'll hold on to the 06 and by the time the 09's are out I can turn both the 08 and 06 into an 09!!

super moto one....:thumbsup: