HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tanstaafl26

Oil oozing at clutch actuator 94 xr600

8 posts in this topic

HI all

My brother and i purchased 2 XR 600's last week. His is a 1994 model. After two rides we noticed that there's oil oozing out of the clutch actuator (?) where it enters the case cover. Is there a seal we can replace? Thanks for the help to a newb.

Since I'm the brother in question, can I follow up on the reply? Is it just a seal issue, or am I likely to find it's a bigger issue like a bent shaft, or.....?

Thanks

Tampering with it could make it worse.

You guys are like me and my bro....we both ride 600's:thumbsup: :thumbsup::busted:

That's my kind of advice: do nothing!

Well, I'll probably ignore it for another ride, to see if it gets any worse. Thanks.

Take it to an authorized Honda dealer and have them fix it. If you do it yourself, you will have to pull the stator cover and reseal that gasket as well. If you do it and it still leaks (believe me it can), then you have to do it all over again until it is fixed. If you let them do it, then it is their responsibility.