exhaust system or Zip-Ty racing carb mod?

I did the ZipTy carb mod, rode it for a bit and then added a mega bomb. My impression was the ZipTy mod was more bang for the buck. The pipe maybe gave it a bit more snap, but the difference between stock and the carb mod was huge. Mine is an '07 as well and I run a 50 rear.

Zip Ty is a rip off,I sent my carb to them and all they did is grind down my ex/pump rod, they told me to put in a bigger pilolet jet and the one in it was pluged so i know they dont take it all apart and clean it like they say.AND WORST OF ALL IT STILL HESITATES AND DIES LIKE ALWAYS SO THERE MOD DIDNT DO SHT .save your money.DONT TRUST ZIP TY .!!!!

I don't suppose you talked to Zip Ty about your complaint before you jumped on the Internet and smeared the reputation of a company that has 100's of satisfied customers, did you?

The Zip Ty carb mod involves more than an AP mod, as detailed in this and other posts on the subject. I suggest that you take the matter up with ZT. Your comments are out of sync with the pattern of the large number of people who liked the results, so I think there's a correctable problem here, but no one on TT can help you with it.

Dial in that power from the carb by doing the mods first and the unleash the beast!

I had to go richer on my jetting when i got it back from zip-ty but it did make a very noticeable difference in power. Much more responsive. Almost too snappy on the bottom end!

It is not 100% satisfaction because i wasn't satisfied.99.9 % might be but not me. It is water under the bridge now.I'm not smearing there name,just stating what happend to me so beware not every thing is as it seems.

It is not 100% satisfaction because i wasn't satisfied.99.9 % might be but not me. It is water under the bridge now.I'm not smearing there name,just stating what happend to me so beware not every thing is as it seems.

Well, just throwing it out there that I've been very, very pleased with the Zip Ty mod...Helped with smoothness (never has any sputter or choppy fuel delivery), instant response, lessened backfiring, lessened the need for making adjustments for altitude and temperature, the R&D bowl eliminated floods on get offs, and it helped greatly with starting (1 or two kicks cold, one kick hot, every time, yes even after the bike has been laying on it's side)...All kinds of great things...

Is it going to make your bike more powerful or faster? No.

I also like Zip Ty's racing fluid...And have had good experience doing business with them...I have a couple friends that have also been pleased with the mod (another 07 yz450, and an 08 crf450)

I'd hate for someone to steer clear of the company just because only the bad experience was reported...