The Dr doing what the Dr does best.....

For those who can't be aggressive on the YZ450 because it handles so bad...

...Doug Dubach snatched up yet another title at the World Vet Championships held earlier this November at Glen Helen. (He) now has 15 world titles...

Number what? Isn't there another number plate like that floating around on a Blue bike?

80% Rider, 20% bike

For those who can't be aggressive on the YZ450 because it handles so bad...

Number what? Isn't there another number plate like that floating around on a Blue bike?

You are right about the 80% rider, 20% bike. If anyone else saw Mike Alessi absolutely flying while fighting his KTM rear end from swapping at Unadilla, you really get to appreciate a pro's ability on a bike that handles bad. Dubach would look that good and smooth on any brand. Shoot - put him on the Honda and his lap times would probably be good enough to still race top 10 in the Nationals!

You are right about the 80% rider, 20% bike. If anyone else saw Mike Alessi absolutely flying while fighting his KTM rear end from swapping at Unadilla, you really get to appreciate a pro's ability on a bike that handles bad. Dubach would look that good and smooth on any brand. Shoot - put him on the Honda and his lap times would probably be good enough to still race top 10 in the Nationals!
So, then, his bike handles significantly worse than the Honda that he turned inside of? Ain't buying it.

Why does it always have to be about the honda. Any time any body says how great their bike is they bash honda. Wonder why?
If you watch the Glen Helen video, you'll see that the bike Dr.D turns inside of is, in fact, a Honda. Sorry he didn't turn inside something else so I could use that as an example. It was an observation, not bashing.

He turned inside alot of bikes, including other yamahas. He beat other brands that day it just seems that people always compare their bike to handa no matter what color they have. Just an observation, not trying to ruffle feathers. And to answer the next potential question, no, i don't own a honda, not a honda dirt bike any way. Well, not a big one.

He turned inside alot of bikes, including other yamahas. He beat other brands that day it just seems that people always compare their bike to handa no matter what color they have. Just an observation, not trying to ruffle feathers. And to answer the next potential question, no, i don't own a honda, not a honda dirt bike any way. Well, not a big one.
Try to stay with me here, Scotty. I know it's really late in Connecticut right now, but in the posted video that I cited, he passed one motorcycle on the inside, and it was a Honda. The race actually went like this:
Dubach led every lap of both motos in both the 30- and 40-Plus Pro classes.
Other than a brief battle for the hole shot, he passed relatively few riders that weekend, on any brand, except for lappers, who are required to let him pass. The only rider to seriously challenge was on a Kawasaki, as a matter of fact.

As to why someone would pick on Honda in particular if they were prone to do so, check this thread:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=577160

...and tell me how many times that marque appears in the text, and what the general tone of the thread is. How many Yamaha owners cried foul in that? It isn't usually the YZ fans who bring the name up. Try not to get so tangled up in the thing.

Scotty? Any who, that's exactly my point i'm not tangled up in any thing, never have been. I just wonder why other people are. Some people are so brand loyal, it just seems crazy to me. I know guys who would never even consider any other bike than their particular brand. When you try to pin them down for a reason they usually can't give you a good one. It's just kawi rules, or honda#1 or something like that. It was'nt directed so much at you, it's all over this forum. It just gets to me for some reason. May be it's just because i'm a fan of all bikes. I never know what i'm buying from one year to the next. I've never ruled out any. It all depends on what i think is the best, based on reviews and input from guys with new bikes. Now i'm rambling, like you said it's late here in ct. Well goodnight charlie.