07 handlebar ?

I just picked up a 07 wr450. What are the handlebar specs. How much rise,width and the bend. I want taller bars but I don't know what to compare them to.

I just picked up a 07 wr450. What are the handlebar specs. How much rise,width and the bend. I want taller bars but I don't know what to compare them to.

If you are planning on getting a damper for the bike you might want to consider the Scotts sub mount kit as that raises the bar a good 1 inch or so. I'm 6'3" and it works well for me. This way you get to keep the good stock bar and save some money.

IMG_8595.jpg

IMG_8590.jpg

IMG_8585.jpg

IMG_8583.jpg

I think the stock bars are the Pro Taper 'YZ High Bend'. If you want taller bars I would suggest the Pro Taper 'Pastrana FMX' bend...they about the tallest bar out there. I am 6' 2" and am very happy with them.

I think the stock bars are the Pro Taper 'YZ High Bend'. If you want taller bars I would suggest the Pro Taper 'Pastrana FMX' bend...they about the tallest bar out there. I am 6' 2" and am very happy with them.

I run the Pastranas on my WR400 with the conventionally mounted Scotts damper but with a pretty tall riser (cant remember the exact height). I like it, but it is narrower than the stock 07 bars. I am a little more upright with this setup than I am on my 07 with the Scotts submount kit.

Thanks for the info. I have been looking at the Pastrana bar. Is the width a good thing or a bad thing.

Thanks for the info. I have been looking at the Pastrana bar. Is the width a good thing or a bad thing.

Just depends. In tight woods style riding it's probably a good thing. Out here in California it really doesn't matter. I do get more turning leverage from the 07 bars as they are wider than the Pastrana bars on the 99, but it's not enough of a difference to base a buying decision on (IMHO).

Here's a comparison: 99 WR400 with the Pastrana on the left and 07 WR450 with the OEM ProTaper on the right.

I didn't realize how much lower the 450 sits (seat height) compared to the 400 until I brought them together for these pics.

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg