Shorter silencer for 2006 yam yz450f

Does anyone know of any silencer that is shorter thans the stock silencer, it seems to stick out way to far and makes bike look heavy . Or any other ideas for the exhaust.

Most of the aftermarket pipe systems are shorter than the OEM silencer by at least an inch or more.

I have the FMF 4.1 and it seems to barely stick out compared to the OEM exhausts. Dr.D's are awesome pipes as well, but they also seem to stick out kinda far.

Yeah. FMF is probably the shortest.

Cut a few inches off of the stock silencer if you don't want to spend the money for a slip on or full system. Take a look at www.mrd-racing.com he will make one as short as you like. Please keep in mind the noise output, no one like's an extremely loud bike.

Depends on how short you want to go and what your willing to give up to get it. The '08 stock silencer is much shorter (doesn't protrude beyond the side panel at all), but it's not really a great performer. I'm sure it would bolt right up to your '06 with an '08 head pipe.

Good advice as far as sound goes. I am running FMF Q4 Ti and love it. It's definitely shorter than stock and nobody hates riding behind me now.

Cut a few inches off of the stock silencer if you don't want to spend the money for a slip on or full system. Take a look at www.mrd-racing.com he will make one as short as you like. Please keep in mind the noise output, no one like's an extremely loud bike.

You don't need to ask for a short pipe, because his pipes are already really short. He designed the mid pipe different, so the actual silencer is not super short, but the way it sits in the bike makes it look real short.

imag0012.jpg

You don't need to ask for a short pipe, because his pipes are already really short. He designed the mid pipe different, so the actual silencer is not super short, but the way it sits in the bike makes it look real short.

imag0012.jpg

Hope you dont mind but your bike is now the background on my desktop. That is the coolest bike on TT. Hopefully I will get those graphics this winter. :thumbsup::busted: :busted: