Lighting for 2006 yz450f?

go to moose racing website they have the stator and the wiring harness for the 06 yz 450..?

http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.jsp?level1=1151&level2=1176&level3=1251&category_id=1251

stator http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.jsp?level1=1151&level2=1176&level3=1251&product_group_id=5486

wiring harness http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.jsp?level1=1151&level2=1176&level3=1251&product_group_id=5487

ill be ording this stuff soon so i can make my bike street legal, buti got to try to get it registerd first..

Ok this is kind-of on toppic but I was watching the WEC and notice the UFO Team were running 450 motors without electric start...so my question is ,..they claim that they all use enduro specific bikes and that us americans all use motorcross style bikes for eveything... but.., I'm thinking that they use YZ motors in their bikes or are they also converting the motorcross bikes to run in the WEC and GP's. Just thinking out loud cause I freeze-framed Merimans 450 on the TV and didn't see an E-start and notice that when a couple other riders got kind of stuck ,they kicked the bike instead of hitting the button...I was just curious not really complaining but the comment that the anouncer made kind of struck a nerve I guess...just food for thought...later

Ahhh yes....Propoganda.?

Well in 2006 yes, the UFO Corse "WR" 450 was a YZ 450 with a headlight and 18" wheel, loaded with un-obtanium factory goodies.

However in 2007 the ACTUAL WR450 is popping up more and more. HOWEVER Ive seen closeups showing that they yank the Estart out and kick start only to save weight. The Estart side cover is on but they never use the button to start it.

So far in 07, the WR250 for E1 class has no starter whatsover. It is a YZ motor in a WR chassis from what Ive seen.

I was stoked to see Merriman last year riding a YZ250 2 stroke at the ISDE. The Euros never seem to ride the Yami 2t in competition.

IMO they do whats needed to win the race. They are factory they can build the ultimate bike. And if they win on a "WR" on Sunday, WR's sell on monday.

BTW look REAL close at Team AM-PRO, Thad Duvalls GNCC "WR"250F.

I looked real close a while back and.....oops no starter?:busted:

However this bike is BADASS

RainesBike3.jpg

Ok this is kind-of on toppic but I was watching the WEC and notice the UFO Team were running 450 motors without electric start...so my question is ,..they claim that they all use enduro specific bikes and that us americans all use motorcross style bikes for eveything... but.., I'm thinking that they use YZ motors in their bikes or are they also converting the motorcross bikes to run in the WEC and GP's. Just thinking out loud cause I freeze-framed Merimans 450 on the TV and didn't see an E-start and notice that when a couple other riders got kind of stuck ,they kicked the bike instead of hitting the button...I was just curious not really complaining but the comment that the anouncer made kind of struck a nerve I guess...just food for thought...later

I got a lighted stator from electrosport along with a stock WR 450 VOLTAGE REGULATOR ASSY the electrosport stator comes with detailed instructions

http://www.electrosport.com/electrosport_lc_yamaha_mx.html

at hight rpms the light lights up the desert floor but at idle you better with a candle

How many watts does the Electrosport stator produce? I see that the Moose stator claims 50w...I don't think that would fire off a big HID, maybe a smaller one?

Trail Tech appears to be saying that this unit:

http://www.trailtech.net/481L-Y450F-01.html

... requires 26 watts of DC, which seems low to me, but I haven't dug very deep. HID has to be powered by DC, which means you have to use a rectifier, and even the most efficient ones will reduce the total raw AC wattage in the process of the conversion.

They also offer battery light packages that they say run for 2-3 hours. Trail Tech seems to be really on this game, and when I get to the point where I'm ready to set up some lights, I think I'll be sorting it out with them first.

Trail Tech appears to be saying that this unit:

http://www.trailtech.net/481L-Y450F-01.html

... requires 26 watts of DC, which seems low to me, but I haven't dug very deep. HID has to be powered by DC, which means you have to use a rectifier, and even the most efficient ones will reduce the total raw AC wattage in the process of the conversion.

They also offer battery light packages that they say run for 2-3 hours. Trail Tech seems to be really on this game, and when I get to the point where I'm ready to set up some lights, I think I'll be sorting it out with them first.

A single MR-16 HID light is pretty impressive...comparable to an 8" halogen. I have a single MR-16 HID helment light that will run for two hours on a single battery, four hours if you piggy back two batteries. I also jimmy-rigged a mount that attaches to my handlebars between the clamps for dusty conditions so I can get the light below my line of sight. When I do this I stuff the battery in the airbox.

Although very useable this set up still does not compare to the 8" HID light though. At the recent 24 Hours of Starvation Ridge I was riding my buddy's KTM (I still had not finished the rebuild on my 450 after sucking Mt. St. Helens through the motor) with the 8" HID and switched it off a couple times at high speed (5th/6th gear) and ran with just the MR16 helmet light. It was doable but kind of scary! Side note: my team SJMC Racing won the club class!

Either way, riding at night is awesome! I just wish we could get a 100w out of our bikes in a reasonably simple way.

• 1 month later...
Ahhh yes....Propoganda.:cool:

Well in 2006 yes, the UFO Corse "WR" 450 was a YZ 450 with a headlight and 18" wheel, loaded with un-obtanium factory goodies.

However in 2007 the ACTUAL WR450 is popping up more and more. HOWEVER Ive seen closeups showing that they yank the Estart out and kick start only to save weight. The Estart side cover is on but they never use the button to start it.

So far in 07, the WR250 for E1 class has no starter whatsover. It is a YZ motor in a WR chassis from what Ive seen.

I was stoked to see Merriman last year riding a YZ250 2 stroke at the ISDE. The Euros never seem to ride the Yami 2t in competition.

IMO they do whats needed to win the race. They are factory they can build the ultimate bike. And if they win on a "WR" on Sunday, WR's sell on monday.

BTW look REAL close at Team AM-PRO, Thad Duvalls GNCC "WR"250F.

I looked real close a while back and.....oops no starter?:applause:

However this bike is BADASS

RainesBike3.jpg

As i was reading this post, i was thinking about mentioning thad duvall, and then at the end you brought it up. your right, it is a YZ that they say is a WR to get the WRs to sell more. I know this because i've met and partied with the kid, and i know a few of his friends lol. I go to school right down the road from his house and he through this massive party on his feild for like his 17th birthday a few months back. I went, we talked about bikes and got drunk. and that was one of the things that came up before the yager was flowing.