Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tmoney12

Xr 650l Jetting Question

15 posts in this topic

I have a 1997 Xr 650l with 1750 miles. I have just removed the snorkle, replaced the air filter with a UNI, removed the exhaust baffle. I have performed the Daves mods, but I cant find a 55 pilot jet. The closest I can find was a 60 pilot. I have shimmed the needle with a .025 washer and put in a 158 main. I live in Arkansas with elevations between 300-1200 ft. Will the 60 pilot be too big. Can I dial in the idle mixture screw to accomodate the larger size pilot? I have not run it yet with these settings, but I dont want to have to take the carb off again if I dont have to. Any with experiance please let me know. Thanks for your time.

-Tmoney12

I have a 1997 Xr 650l with 1750 miles. I have just removed the snorkle, replaced the air filter with a UNI, removed the exhaust baffle. I have performed the Daves mods, but I cant find a 55 pilot jet. The closest I can find was a 60 pilot. I have shimmed the needle with a .025 washer and put in a 158 main. I live in Arkansas with elevations between 300-1200 ft. Will the 60 pilot be too big. Can I dial in the idle mixture screw to accomodate the larger size pilot? I have not run it yet with these settings, but I dont want to have to take the carb off again if I dont have to. Any with experiance please let me know. Thanks for your time.

-Tmoney12

it will run but be really rich on the low end. you may turn the fuel screw in to about 1/4-1/2 and it MIGHT help. really need to get a 55 though.

I might have one, will check and get back to you later in the day.

BP

-Tmoney12

That would be great if you have an extra. I would be happy to send you payment and shipping for it.

-tmoney

I got mine from motorcyclecarbs.com

If I remember, they arrived 2-3 days after I ordered them, and that was all the way across the US.

I think the part number is N424-26-055

TMoney,

I have extra 55s and 58s. I bought them from Sudco and had to buy in a 4 pack, so I am happy to get rid of a few.

Also have a bunch of mains.

PM me with your address.

BP

That would be great if you have an extra. I would be happy to send you payment and shipping for it.

-tmoney

TMoney,

I have extra 55s and 58s. I bought them from Sudco and had to buy in a 4 pack, so I am happy to get rid of a few.

PM me with your address.

BP

how much was a 4 pack? are you running an fcr41?

TMoney,

PM me with your address.

BP

PM Sent, Thanks for your reply.

MF30,

I forget what the 4 pack was, but it seemed a lot.

I have since switched to the FCR, when I bought it I asked Sudco to split up the packs so I could order single jets.

BP

how much was a 4 pack? are you running an fcr41?

MF30,

I forget what the 4 pack was, but it seemed a lot.

I have since switched to the FCR, when I bought it I asked Sudco to split up the packs so I could order single jets.

BP

i bought a fcr 41 from them too. run 158/52 2 turns out at 4300 ft.

what are your specs?

160 Main, 45 pilot w/conversion, 2 turns on fuel screw, 3400'.

BP

i bought a fcr 41 from them too. run 158/52 2 turns out at 4300 ft.

what are your specs?

Some FCRs have a pilot air jet, some have a conversion that uses an adjustable metering screw. Mine has the conversion.

conversion?

is that something i can buy from them and install on my slant bodied fcr? whats the advantage?

is that something i can buy from them and install on my slant bodied fcr? whats the advantage?

Nope, no advantage. Save your money.

BP