HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James_Dean

Another carb question

3 posts in this topic

The P-38(reduced accel pump flow) will allow a richer clip position, try EKN#4. The #45 pilot can run lean with the stock air jets. This will sometimes allow turning the screw all the way in. It doesn't always mean you need a smaller pilot jet at all the way in on the fuel screw. See how it runs with the #45 and 2 - 2 1/4 turns out.

I admit I'm not good at carb jetting. I went from 172 main, 48 pilot, on a 99WR with WR timing which ran good but fouled plugs 2-3 times a year(black). New jetting is 170 main, pilot 45, OBEKN needle clip3. Both settings are with the P38 (KL mod). Now the bike starts better, but has a flat spot at the beginning of midrange and pops like never before. I put on the Kouda(thanks NHKevin) and have it at 1 3/4 turns out. When I turn it out to 2 3/4 out the popping decreases some but I am able to turn it all the way in without killing the engine(hence needing a smaller pilot yet???) Nice top end and more down low with the new jetting. Any ideas to get rid of the bog and popping? Help and advice would be appreciated :)