Ridgecrest BLM Spark arrestor ticket, but I have the stock spark arrestor.

Obama and Hilliary are going to fix this stuff, right, because clearly this is all the work of W.:banghead:

Obama and Hilliary are going to fix this stuff, right, because clearly this is all the work of W.:banghead:

surely you jest!

Went to court in beautiful Bakersfield this morning and got my ticket dismissed.

WooHoo! :busted:

Congrats CL!

Went to court in beautiful Bakersfield this morning and got my ticket dismissed.

WooHoo! :worthy:

Right on! :busted:

What you have to do to get it dismissed? Besides drive up there and spend a day off work. LOL

I brought a lot of documentation. It never went to trial. Before pleading not guilty I was given the opportunity to speak to the govt attorney. There is a forest service document with every approved spark arrestor. I showed him the stock XR600 spark arrestor in there. Then I showed him the photos that I had of my pipe. One showed the model number that matched the document and the other was a shot up the end of the pipe showing the vanes. He looked at it and stared asking me who did the testing on the pipe. He was kind of amazed at how it was tested so poorly. Then he told me that he would drop the case. I had to sit in the court room until all the other cases were taken care of. The case was then dropped.

USFS Spark arrester guide http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/programs/ohv/OHV_SAG2007.pdf

I could have accomplished the same thing by taking my bike to Ridgecrest. It was easier to go to the court.

One thing that I learned from sitting there. Lots of people plead guilty. The fine was reduced to about 40% of what it started out as in almost every case.

WooHoo! :worthy:

way to stick it to "the man" :busted:

Congrats, time well spent.....Did ya get to ride?

One thing that I learned from sitting there. Lots of people plead guilty. The fine was reduced to about 40% of what it started out as in almost every case.

YES that is true and if you just go to the court and talk to the judge most often if your not a repeat offender you get off a bit easier.