Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveON

NX650 air filter?

3 posts in this topic

I just got a '88 NX650 Wed and went today to buy a new air filter for it today (along with oil, oil filter , spark plugs, etc). Figured I'd do a complete maint. on it since it didn't come with any records. I went to Cyclegear and they couldn't find a listing for the air filter. Anyone know where I can order one online for a good price. I checked Ebay but nothing came up.

Also anyone have a pointers as far as things to look out for when I do the maint?

thanks for your help!

SteveON

I just got a '88 NX650 Wed and went today to buy a new air filter for it today (along with oil, oil filter , spark plugs, etc). Figured I'd do a complete maint. on it since it didn't come with any records. I went to Cyclegear and they couldn't find a listing for the air filter. Anyone know where I can order one online for a good price. I checked Ebay but nothing came up.

Also anyone have a pointers as far as things to look out for when I do the maint?

thanks for your help!

SteveON

check the TT store and also bikebandit.

make sure you check the valve clearance.

congrats on the NX. i LOVE those bikes! post some pics of her!

Thanks for the tips. For some reason I can't get the TTstore website to open? I'll have to try Bike Bandit. Is it hard to set the valves? Any special tools needed?

SteveON