Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
exaresix

The better battery eliminator

5 posts in this topic

I tested two different battery eliminators, the Bat-pac and the White Brothers. Both work well, but the the White Brothers is slightly better at idle. I think it stores more charge, because the horn sounds the same at idle or full throttle, whereas the Bat-pac yields a slightly growling horn at idle. For those considering purchasing a Bat-pac, I would advise against buying it directly from the maker's website. I did this, and never received my item or replies to my repeated emails. I've launched a Paypal complaint against him. He sells on eBay as well, and is having an increasing number of complaints about the same thing. I ended up buying one from a friend who had never used it.

1 person likes this

I had the Bat-Pac on my ols KLR250 and the horn would be growly, and the headlight would flash when the blinker was used. If only for dirt work, its great because its so light, but for hiway use, I'll stick with a battery.

I'm cranking 200W out of my stator, and it seems to be brighter than when I used a battery, could be my imagination. I also could not keep my battery charged if I used a 60/55 watt headlight and the stock stator (80W). I agree, that if you're using the OEM stator, then it's best to stay with a battery.

I'm cranking 200W out of my stator, and it seems to be brighter than when I used a battery, could be my imagination. I also could not keep my battery charged if I used a 60/55 watt headlight and the stock stator (80W). I agree, that if you're using the OEM stator, then it's best to stay with a battery.

Hi, I'm interested to know how you are getting that type of output. I'd like to accomplish that too. Thanks

Gerry

It is very easy. Get the Ricky Stator for $130 and connect the wires in "Single output" mode, the instructions are quite clear, and you can even download them from the rickystator site if you're curious. Run the stator through a regulator/rectifier that will handle 200W (I'm using the 'high output' Podtronics unit) and that turns it into full DC. No need for an AC/DC mixed system, no need for relays.