2008 WR 450 Exhaust Systems - FMF, DrD, Pro Circuit, Yoshimura

I bought a 2008 Yamaha WR450 over the weekend and I have all the basic mods done now after my first trip, but I am looking into getting an aftermarket exhaust system sometime in the near future.

I've done some research on the exhaust pipes for the 2008 WR450 and I'd like to get some opinions on which one is the best one to go with.

1. FMF 4.1 Complete system w/ Power Bomb header - $800

2. DrD Dubach Racing Exhaust - $467

3. Pro Circuit System - $750

4. Yoshimura Titanium System - $850

Obviously for the prices Doug Dubach has got the best deals by far. I have heard really great things about the DrD systems too. I want to know which one you would go with and why. I know the DrD is a great price in comparison, but what if they were all the same price, then which one would you go with?

Also I don't race, so I am not overly concerned about weight, so is my best bet to just go with an aluminum/stainless system because they get the same power output (which is what I am leaning towards) or is there any performance differences in the other ones (titanium or carbon)...becuase if people are paying nearly twice as much for the difference of a couple pounds and are not seriously competitive racers....I think they are wasting their money.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I

1. FMF 4.1 Complete system w/ Power Bomb header - $800

2. DrD Dubach Racing Exhaust - $467

3. Pro Circuit System - $750

4. Yoshimura Titanium System - $850

Thanks for the feedback!

2 kinds of WR owners -

1. The guy that likes the bling.... nothing wrong with this, to each his own:thumbsup:

2. The budget minded but wanna go fast guy (me).

For $45 I buy the GYTR enlarged endcap for the stock can, I'm still blowing 94db to 96db at the race sound checks, eating up KTM's and just sealed the deal on a series championship in a true "A" class.... being part of group 2 I say that kind of money is better spent on suspension set up or steering stabilizer.

Having said all of this, I don't knock guys for wanting the high dollar exhaust systems especially if they are reasonably quiet - "less sound = more ground":prof: I have a few buddy's that are very happy with the Leo Vince systems.

Also my thought on Titanium headers.... they dent to easy, go Stainless Steel.

Congrats on the new bike ?

SJMC Don,

I was looking at that same end cap for the muffler in the GYTR catalog today. Dumb newbie question (I think I know the answer):

Does the spark arrestor remain in the muffler? :ride: I say it does. Us California folks need to know for sure...thanks.

Yep, screen stays in. ?

Will do so my friends but still need to wait 2 weeks for my eye`s to heal! I had them lasered (spelling) for 20/20 vision! Wow what a diff it makes!!!!!!!!!!

Nice. I did the same thing about 2 years ago. 20/15 vision!!! Better than it used to be with contacts/glasses! ?

Man, all of you guys who post pictures of you bikes are ridiculous. Does anyone else's bike look like that? That clean? Mine just gets worked. I love the fact that I beat my bike to sheeeeit and then just do the regular maintenance, and then just beat on it some more(gotta love yamaha toughness). Don't get me wrong, those bikes look awesome(I like the spacecraft exhaust too) but man, its a dirt bike. Those bikes belong in museums, not in mud puddles. I would cry if I had a bike like that and then I crashed. That would be like crashing a streetbike. Anyway, cut it out with all the cleanliness, youre making me look bad over here.

Man, all of you guys who post pictures of you bikes are ridiculous. Does anyone else's bike look like that? That clean? Mine just gets worked. I love the fact that I beat my bike to sheeeeit and then just do the regular maintenance, and then just beat on it some more(gotta love yamaha toughness). Don't get me wrong, those bikes look awesome(I like the spacecraft exhaust too) but man, its a dirt bike. Those bikes belong in museums, not in mud puddles. I would cry if I had a bike like that and then I crashed. That would be like crashing a streetbike. Anyway, cut it out with all the cleanliness, youre making me look bad over here.

I think RSWR450F is showing you can do both! :busted: :busted: ?