HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
addicted_No1

Ti valves for yz426

3 posts in this topic

In my opinion, the best Ti valve to use in a YZ426 is the stock replacement part. Nothing I know of really lasts any longer when the head is prepped correctly.

Xcelite valves are said to be very good, also, but I have only the manufacturer's claims to go by. They are also very expensive.

If you are looking for a low cost solution to rebuilding a 426, you can substitute the stainless steel valves from a 2000 model YZ426. These last even longer than the stock Ti valves, and cost about a third as much or less. Be sure to use the valve springs from the 2000 as well, as the SS valve is heavier.

Be sure to use the valve springs from the 2000 as well, as the SS valve is heavier.

Should you choose to get the SS valves, make sure you replace the keepers and cotters too. :thumbsup: