HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UK_Paul

Wr426 resources

7 posts in this topic

Hi.

After weeks of research and deciding the best ride for myself, I'm planning on purchasing a new wr426F.

I've found loads of info on this forum about the various free mods that can be done to the stock wr (throttle stop / grey wire / airbox) but wondered if there are any sites out there that give detailed instructions and pictures of these processes being applied?

Any good links appreciated.

Thanks

Paul.

:) Remember, the throttle stop/grey wire thingy's don't apply to UK bikes, you will spend a long time looking otherwise :D

Originally posted by Guy:

:) Remember, the throttle stop/grey wire thingy's don't apply to UK bikes, you will spend a long time looking otherwise :D

I was thinking of buying an import with the factory Yam dualsport eqpt. Do you know if other european bikes have these restictions?

Cheers

paul.

:) As far as I'm aware, the grey wire/throttle stop are a US only deal, due to emissions etc, everything else that applies to the bike re: jetting ,Pump jet mods etc is fine

My 99 is a euro model and there is no grey wire and my stop is "Normal" :D

[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: Guy ]

Great.. thanks. The link to the other thread was very useful. Perhaps the Thumpertalk webmaster might put these links in the technical section?

The internet is a wonderful thing, I don't even own a 426 yet and I'm already armed with so much info about it.

My only choice now is whether to take the plunge in a few weeks time when I'll have the cash (I hope) or wait and see what the 03 version brings :)

(scratch that... I know I won't be able to wait) hehe