Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gerardlane

06 yz450 handling new cornering issue

9 posts in this topic

Hey I have a question not about the front end, but i have been riding on a grass field im trying to break in and my back end gets totally wild into the corners allways sliding out. I rode my buddies 07 kx250f and the thing feels so stable not sliding and tracking on flat grassy hard packed dirt. Is there any advice i can get on taming the back end??? My sag is at 100 mm and forks are 1 and a half way up in the clamps...

What rear tire are you running?

same question here. I found that the Dunlop756 can really stabilize the bike, especially on cornering

Depends on the soil type. The OEM 756 that was on my latest '06 didn't hold very well on hard pack compared to what I generally run.

Depends on the soil type. The OEM 756 that was on my latest '06 didn't hold very well on hard pack compared to what I generally run.

What do you generally run???

I'm not familiar with that one. The tire type must be a good match to the soil type, e.g. hard, intermediate, soft.

The michelin was super expensive. Its an outdoor works tire is what i was told but i dont think its the tire because my buddies kx's tire is pretty low tread and feels so stable, is there any other factor that could cause. I have schmidt suspension set up for a 170lb pro and im a 195 intermediate. Ive allways noticed that my back end slides as a matter of fact i have had both wheels sliding before and i have never had that on any of my kawi's or hondas. this is not only my firts yami but my first 4 stroke.