Case cover, what material is it?

Got a check from Geico today for $1119! What to do next? Take it to a shop and have them repair the bike at no cost to me or do it myself and pocket the labor money (4 hours @ $89/hr) and add a Wr tranny? The labor rate for this job is actually 8.5 hrs at $89/hr's. I'm nervous about trying to tackle the job myself since I have never opened a case before but the tweeker in me wants to and I'm curious about the longevity of a WR tranny in a Yz? Also, the claims adjuster told me that this check is just a preliminary check and once the case is opened and more damaged parts are needed then he will send more to cover the additional cost if needed. Man, what a good scenario to be in? Very happy so far with Geico!!

I'd be pretty tickled with them myself. :thumbsup:

The WR trans holds up OK, and makes a pretty damn good mod for someone who rides mostly desert, enduro, woods, etc., and not so much MX. They have a considerably lower first gear, plus the tall 5th. The middle 3 gears are similar to a YZ450's top 3, but spaced a little wider.

Got a check from Geico today for $1119!

:thumbsup: Great news

Got a check from Geico today for $1119! What to do next? Take it to a shop and have them repair the bike at no cost to me or do it myself and pocket the labor money (4 hours @ $89/hr) and add a Wr tranny? The labor rate for this job is actually 8.5 hrs at $89/hr's. I'm nervous about trying to tackle the job myself since I have never opened a case before but the tweeker in me wants to and I'm curious about the longevity of a WR tranny in a Yz? Also, the claims adjuster told me that this check is just a preliminary check and once the case is opened and more damaged parts are needed then he will send more to cover the additional cost if needed. Man, what a good scenario to be in? Very happy so far with Geico!!

Thats awesome!!! If you have never rebuilt a motor before however.....I would probably have the shop do it.