Found a Edlebrock, put in on, and oh-yeah!

One of our TT members sold his BRP, but the new buyer didn't want the Edle, so I bought it this afternoon, and installed it: Yeah-baby, what a difference!

- Total transformation in throttle response

- Starts in one kick

- Better sounding/running motor

- Flattened out the bump in the power band

No change in the top end at all, and no 'big' power change, accept down low: whack the throttle? Better be holding on tight, cause the wheel will come up every time, no matter what. Virtually no bog or hesitation. It runs as good as my 450X does down low (but with more muscle).

Well worth it if you do any single track or really slow stuff.

One of our TT members sold his BRP, but the new buyer didn't want the Edle, so I bought it this afternoon, and installed it: Yeah-baby, what a difference!

- Starts in one kick

No change in the top end at all, and no 'big' power change, accept down low: whack the throttle? Better be holding on tight, cause the wheel will come up every time, no matter what. Virtually no bog or hesitation. It runs as good as my 450X does down low (but with more muscle).

I've seen that movie! The Edel is awesome.?

- Starts in one kick

Ahhhh......another believer! ?

• 2 weeks later...
Silly question, maybe, but what's it doing to the gas mileage?

If you had the disipline to not let the motor pull everytime you crack the throttle (which happens even at the smallest throttle opening) I'm sure you could get better mileage over the stock carb. But I will probably never fine out, cuase it runs so good, and pulls so smooth and hard, that I can't resist.....

i did all the daves mods and dyno jet kit and everything,but seriously..does the edel. make that much difference. its always ticked me off that you cant wheelie a 650l without alot of effort. so does it really make that much difference on throttle response. can you power wheelie a 650l. now be honest cause ill have to have one if that is true, and u all know how more toys and stuff goes over with the ladys...

i did all the daves mods and dyno jet kit and everything,but seriously..does the edel. make that much difference. its always ticked me off that you cant wheelie a 650l without alot of effort. so does it really make that much difference on throttle response. can you power wheelie a 650l. now be honest cause ill have to have one if that is true, and u all know how more toys and stuff goes over with the ladys...

We are talking about an application on a XR650R, not an L. I don't know if I would invest that kind of time and money into an L myself.

The only things common to the L and the R are the levers, and lever perches, and the tubes. Everything else is better.

The L is a mild steel framed air cooled trail bike designed decades ago.

The R is a alloy framed water cooled bike that has full race potential and is still competitive in the desert 10 years after it's release. What other motorcycle can you say that about??

Seriously, if you were unaware that the two bikes have nothing in common you should take a closer look at the R. Yes, it is still heavy, but it is the best over 500cc 4-stroke ever made. It is sold as a 'platform' bike: buy it and turn it into what ever type of bike you can think of (accept mx).