Got the 'ugly' XR650R triple clamps installed

They are a tad ugly, but they are really beefy!

Finish is a C+, but for 1/3 the cost of other american billet clamps, who cares......

clamp003.jpg

clamp002.jpg

I also did the side panels with UNI air ports: it looks ok from a distance, but not so good up close...

clamp004.jpg

How much did they cost.........and whats the point?

How much did they cost.........and whats the point?

It cost $95.00 from ebay.

What's the point ???

- stiffer than stock

- multiple bar positions and heights

- oversize 1 1/8 bar clamp

- bling

Your bars look considerably higher than stock now.

Did your cables reach ok ?

I like it Krannie. It looks custom, and really BEEFY.

Your bars look considerably higher than stock now.

Did your cables reach ok ?

No, the cables don't reach ok with the stock routing. The cables for the motion-pro throttle that comes with the edlebrock are a bit short. I have to re-route them on the right side next time I take off the tank. The idle raises just a bit when I turn hard right. I am 6'4" so I had to raise the bars, or not stand up for very long...

Krannie- lose that speedo and get a computer...

As cheap as $75 (trail tech)

i'm sure they are tough.

Not that ugly,might hit an o.z.tank tho.

RSW racing out of gilroy. I put a pair on this summer. I got the 3 inch risers. The first thing I noticed was that the riser bolts are undersized and the base of the risers is too narrow. First low speed over the bar crash on trail 6 at Foresthill knocked them loose. Beginning of a 14 hour trail ride with the front end twisted. Their really tight now but I'm still wary. :thumbsup:

I like that speedo — it is made of metal. The trail tech looks too chintzy. Difrn't strokes...

It's on the list, just not near the top:

- suspension (I'm heavy)

- tall seat (I'm tall)

- lower pegs (still tall)

- body part fixes (previous owner neglect)

- chain and sprocket (more neglect)

- Trail Tech

- Lighting

RSW racing out of gilroy. I put a pair on this summer. I got the 3 inch risers. The first thing I noticed was that the riser bolts are undersized and the base of the risers is too narrow. First low speed over the bar crash on trail 6 at Foresthill knocked them loose. Beginning of a 14 hour trail ride with the front end twisted. Their really tight now but I'm still wary. :thumbsup:

Yes, I too noticed this design flaw. They twist way too easy for me. You get what you pay for....

I like that speedo — it is made of metal. The trail tech looks too chintzy. Difrn't strokes...

What I would really like to put on is one of those huge Polaris Snomobile Speedos with a white face. Retro-coolness.

i just like a regular analog speedo/odo. No frills, no programing.