XR650L Wont Rev

When Im trying to rev my bike out it cuts out. Wont rev anywhere near where my XR600 would go. Any Ideas.

XR650L 2005, Jetting Kit, smog elimination kit, T4 exhaust Many other extras.

Sounds like its starved for gas. What have you checked so far? Good flow from the tank? Float level? Main jet? Clean air filter?:thumbsup:

R....

need more info to help. HOT or COLD? WOT or gradual throttle movement?

intermittent or consistent?:thumbsup:

It acts like it has a governor on it. It does it hot or cold. It runs great up till it hits this rev limit. Is thier something in the ignition of the L that limits how high it will Rev? I live at 3400 ft. maybe the jetting is off.

It acts like it has a governor on it. It does it hot or cold. It runs great up till it hits this rev limit. Is thier something in the ignition of the L that limits how high it will Rev? I live at 3400 ft. maybe the jetting is off.

i beleive the RPM limit is 7500. is the air cleaner clean? has it been sitting? may need a carb cleaning. still have stock carb/jetting? have the valves been adjusted ???

i beleive the RPM limit is 7500. is the air cleaner clean? has it been sitting? may need a carb cleaning. still have stock carb/jetting? have the valves been adjusted ???

also if the stock exhaust is still on, remove the clean out plate from the muffler and clean it out by winding up the eng.

The jetting is not stock. It has and after market exhaust (T4) Thing runs great untill i Get into the higher RPM. Air cleaner is a new UNI.

The jetting is not stock. It has and after market exhaust (T4) Thing runs great untill i Get into the higher RPM. Air cleaner is a new UNI.

ok, if it has been sitting for awhile, then do carb cleaning.

did this just start, or has it been happening for awhile?

as long as it doesnt die on you, i wouldnt worry about electronics for now.

When you installed the Uni, were you sure to squeeze all the excess oil out of it?

Another thing, who rejeted it? Was it the p.o.? Make sure the throttle linkages are adjusted properly to allow for a full throw from stop to stop.

Really need to know what jetting kit, and what # jets.

It does sound like a rich condition.

If you pull the side plate / airbox cover and it revs better, you're rich.

Dave

It's probably not jetting, but an electrical problem:

- plug wire (either end)

- plug

- coil ground

I just bought the bike. I have not been in the carb yet. It has a jetting kit by dyna jet installed. New spring and a 165 main jet. bike is unkorked and has a pro circut t4 exhaust. Im not sure where the clip is set on the pin. I will play with it and see if it is running to rich. The thing really does run good untill you get to that upper RPM than it just cuts out. Thanks for all of the advice. keep it comming.