Small amount of dirt in the botom of the carb.

I agree with the bulk of that except for two points:

> At no time, with the exception of a situation such as that involving the FCR choke circuit, should there be a really significant volume of air moving through these lines. There is a big difference between upsetting the atmospheric pressure balance within the float bowl enough to make the engine falter and moving a mass volume of air.

> The unit is, IMO, shall we say, just a bit overpriced at $40. Pretty colors though.

OTOH:

> Over time, enough very fine dust could find its way in by this route to be noticable.

> Running two of the upper vents to the air box absolutely will stop water from being pulled up. Be sure to filter these hoses. Air boxes are pretty funky. :thumbsup:

JD, you are da man! I've been tearing my hair out for weeks trying to figure out how all this sand is getting into my bowl, in spite of an inline filter, no airbox issues, etc. I even got desperate and took it to the dealer and they couldn't figure it out. I owe ya a Cold One bud!

I agree with the bulk of that except for two points:

> At no time, with the exception of a situation such as that involving the FCR choke circuit, should there be a really significant volume of air moving through these lines. There is a big difference between upsetting the atmospheric pressure balance within the float bowl enough to make the engine falter and moving a mass volume of air.

What about if someone runs their bowl out of gas after every ride by turning off the fuel at the petcock? Just as the fuel level gets below the pilot jet the engine should be pulling a vacuum through it and the vent lines for a second or two just after it runs out of fuel.

Snake

Seems reasonable.