HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jamesinzinna

Changing Sprockets

6 posts in this topic

Could some of you verify and help me determine which sprocket sizes would make my 2000 650R go faster on the highways (lowering rpm's):thumbsup: Stock is 14-48 and my local dealer rep said more teeth while my friend and other on line seem to be reducing teeth? I purchased another stock 14 for the front as well as a 15. I am under the impression that one tooth in front is equivelent to four in the back. Anyway, I would like to go faster without reaming the motor on the expressways. Thanks for the feedback. :ride:

1 person likes this

More teeth in front, fewer teeth in back. Try 15/45 if you are doing mostly road riding. For exclusive road or freeway you will want to go even fewer teeth in the back.

It is closer to 1 on the front equals 3 on the rear. The big difference between the two is that it is a whole lot easier to change the front sprocket. Since you already have the 15, try it. If you want more then change the back to a 45. I would not go below 45 on the rear if you still plan on riding in the dirt. When you are going for a dirt ride, swap the 14 front back on. It only takes a few minutes to do.

It is closer to 1 on the front equals 3 on the rear. The big difference between the two is that it is a whole lot easier to change the front sprocket. Since you already have the 15, try it. If you want more then change the back to a 45. I would not go below 45 on the rear if you still plan on riding in the dirt. When you are going for a dirt ride, swap the 14 front back on. It only takes a few minutes to do.

What he said. :thumbsup:

Told ya! 14-45 is my choice. I'm bigger than ya but know you want to fly bye me. It will happen on my L for now, but the CR is in the basement now for a rebuild. Buy a T-CAT and shut up. Think of the DS roads on crotch rockets--thats snowmobile.:thumbsup: