Changing Sprockets

Could some of you verify and help me determine which sprocket sizes would make my 2000 650R go faster on the highways (lowering rpm's):thumbsup: Stock is 14-48 and my local dealer rep said more teeth while my friend and other on line seem to be reducing teeth? I purchased another stock 14 for the front as well as a 15. I am under the impression that one tooth in front is equivelent to four in the back. Anyway, I would like to go faster without reaming the motor on the expressways. Thanks for the feedback. :ride:

More teeth in front, fewer teeth in back. Try 15/45 if you are doing mostly road riding. For exclusive road or freeway you will want to go even fewer teeth in the back.

yup...smaller sprocket in the back = lower rpm

bigger sprocket in the front = lower rpm

It is closer to 1 on the front equals 3 on the rear. The big difference between the two is that it is a whole lot easier to change the front sprocket. Since you already have the 15, try it. If you want more then change the back to a 45. I would not go below 45 on the rear if you still plan on riding in the dirt. When you are going for a dirt ride, swap the 14 front back on. It only takes a few minutes to do.

It is closer to 1 on the front equals 3 on the rear. The big difference between the two is that it is a whole lot easier to change the front sprocket. Since you already have the 15, try it. If you want more then change the back to a 45. I would not go below 45 on the rear if you still plan on riding in the dirt. When you are going for a dirt ride, swap the 14 front back on. It only takes a few minutes to do.

What he said. :thumbsup:

Told ya! 14-45 is my choice. I'm bigger than ya but know you want to fly bye me. It will happen on my L for now, but the CR is in the basement now for a rebuild. Buy a T-CAT and shut up. Think of the DS roads on crotch rockets--thats snowmobile.:thumbsup: