Pig vs piggy

There are some plated 650Rs to be had. Here's the deal. before negotiation ppl are wanting 5000 - 5500 for them anywhere from 2006 back to '02. None are stock, all are nice, I don't feel like negotiating more than 500 bux cause they have nice parts.

you can find xrls with nice parts too and less than 4k milage anywhere from 3300 - 4200 for those same years.

my question is this.

do you think a plated pig really worth 15-1800 more than a XRL?

There are some plated 650Rs to be had. Here's the deal. before negotiation ppl are wanting 5000 - 5500 for them anywhere from 2006 back to '02. None are stock, all are nice, I don't feel like negotiating more than 500 bux cause they have nice parts.

you can find xrls with nice parts too and less than 4k milage anywhere from 3300 - 4200 for those same years.

my question is this.

do you think a plated pig really worth 15-1800 more than a XRL?

ya, they are pretty desireable.

that's good advice. It just seems so steep. I understand you gain a LOT of power and some capability, but you lose a keyed ignition, OEM electrical, etc.

it's almost like I could get 2 used bikes for that. I'll keep the easy life in someone's garage pointer in mind.

Luckily, there are still people who take care of their stuff.

i wasn't going to buy a BRP because i only knew about the 650L, then i found a legal 650R and bought it instead of the planned drz400sm. i am extremely glad i bought the 650r instead. the only downside is more weight and more parts. but the power and modability made it so worth it.

XRL:

- mild steel frame (heavy and very flexy)

- very finicky carb (replacing it is best option)

- air cooled (runs hot, could use an oil cooler)

- air cooded (harder to make hp with)

- non-cartridge sm dia front forks (never will be plush, always will be flexy)

- no kick start (it's nice to have a kick)

- higher center of gravity (not agile at slow speeds)

- lesser rear shock

XRR:

- indestructable frame and motor

- when suspension is dialed in, suprisingly agile beast

- cartridge forks

- upgradable shock (CR500)

- hard to destroy

- can be made to 70 hp without issues

- very ridgid frame (goes where you point it)

What do you mean, I picked up this for $2100 with a street title.

xr65orrrrrrrr.jpg

You're not in California. You can't plate these bikes here anymore period. The only way you can bring a plated one in from another state, and have it work, is if it has a California ON HIGHWAY emission label. To my knowlege, 49 state bikes don't. That's why they go for so much here. Bruce

exactly right.

if you look at say a 2004 plated and non plated the difference is around 1500.00

I REALLY like them both, and XR600R and it's killing me trying to make up my mind. I have about a month before I have the $$ and the looking is killing me.

If I did find a GREAT deal, I could borrow the dough.

So... In everyone's opinion the R is just as bulletproof as the old 600r was?

Also, is there a fan on the radiator of the 650R?

At least I finally have made ONE decision. I'll be getting a honda. Not to knock the zuki but the 650 is a joke (okay im knocking it) and the 400 would take too much work to suspend my big, fat ass.

The furthest ill probably go on a highway is 25 miles or so, and i'll never commute in traffic.

60street 40dirt (but agressive dirt)

Krannie, what's getting 70 HP out of 650 r entail?

Why do people keep trying to compare the XRL with the XRR??? Not even in the same league, especially if you have plates on the XRR. Hate to break it so some of you guys, but an XRL will not smoke an XRR, given that both bikes are properly tuned. It is possible for an highly modified XRL to beat a fully corked XRR that is running bad gas with a plugged jet. XRLs are nice for what they are intended to do, but the XRR just kills it..... Flame on,, Im loading my XRR into the toyhauler and heading out for the weekend......

Why do people keep trying to compare the XRL with the XRR??? Not even in the same league, especially if you have plates on the XRR. Hate to break it so some of you guys, but an XRL will not smoke an XRR, given that both bikes are properly tuned. It is possible for an highly modified XRL to beat a fully corked XRR that is running bad gas with a plugged jet. XRLs are nice for what they are intended to do, but the XRR just kills it..... Flame on,, Im loading my XRR into the toyhauler and heading out for the weekend......

U R right. Most don't go the distance though. I like my L, better than my R or zilla or CR. It wheels out of the garage running with no effort(button). And no legal arguments to worry about.

Put the same attention to my CR500R built, it would destroy most DS's. Point is I don't have to play to much with those machines as they have their uses. The 650R is (sic), is maxed bought at stock, and easily "uncorked". It does not have a "legal" title. I know you will all bitch, but I have one also and use it when I can. I just hate to be in that spot caught with a questionable machine. I choose to push it a little!!!Goal = XRL faster than XRR...working on that.......