My first BRP!

I just won the bike on ebay. Uncorked with a lot of extras and most importantly a real title so I can plate it. Hopefully when I pick it up it will be as nice as advertised. I have to drive 4 hours one-way to get it, but it will be worth the trip. How do I include a picture in the post? I tried to "insert image" but it wanted a URL. I just want to paste a pic from my hard drive.

Hey Scalejockey - its got an RTT stabilizer. That's the top clamp you see. I'm still trying to figure it out. It handles like crap. I loosened it up all the way but it's still funny. Maybe I just have to get used to it. IMS pegs too. It's in real nice shape and runs like a top. The Yosh pipe sounds good, not too loud. Anyone got any ideas with regard to the stabilizer?

I would try it without it and if it feels like it wants to tip over when your in a single track trail you might have some steering head bearings out.

when you say "handle like crap" whats your opinion? thoughts? Ideas?Details?

come on..I'm at a loss for the right wording..

The best term for the handling may be "wandering". I've done a little more riding and a little more reading and I think it may be the brand new knobbies. The center knobs are really high on the front tire and I think it may be "falling" off the big center knobs on to the side knobs when I try to turn. My other thought is maybe the tire pressure is too high (20?) which is making the front tire too tall. Sound possible?

The best term for the handling may be "wandering". I've done a little more riding and a little more reading and I think it may be the brand new knobbies. The center knobs are really high on the front tire and I think it may be "falling" off the big center knobs on to the side knobs when I try to turn. My other thought is maybe the tire pressure is too high (20?) which is making the front tire too tall. Sound possible?

Where is it handling like crap, when your riding in the dirt...??? 20 lbs is too much imo....12 to 15.....Knobbies dont track real well on the pavement..

It's likely both too high pressure AND the newness of the tire. The center of the knob being tall on a brand new tire makes a great deal of sense but 20 IS too much. Run that bad-boy on the street for a few miles and drop the pressure (afterward) to 12-15; it'll feel like a whole new bike.