HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XRMANU

Titanium valves/springs/retainers in a 650R?

8 posts in this topic

Does anybody have used them in a 650R?

Intake /exhaust valves + springs and retainers? Pro/cons?

Any good brands/dealers with good prices/services?

I would use them with a 680 kit and a stage 2 Hotcams,I have now Kibblewhite 1mm os intake valves and oem size Kibblewhites exhaust .

Hi

Do you mean just Ti retianers with hi lift springs and black diamond valves? Or do you mean Ti valves?

I have used the former a lot on my 650L based racer with no problems

I have back diamond valves in now but want the valvetrain as light as possible , I will lighten up the flywheel also so the 680 hc piston can rev as freely as the 650. Will put a Falicon rod in to be sure. :thumbsup:

I know less weight means less valve float on higher RPM. But what kind of RPMs vcan be safely hit on the 650? & the trade off is the Titanium wheres faster. I was going to do an engine back about 5 years ago, & put things in prossective & opted not to. Check with Rob@barnumspro.com & maybe he has done it & have input for you.

FYI

If you want Ti valves then it means new suitable valve seats too

Yeah, usually ductile iron or beryllium bronze.

I really doubt the performance gain would be worth the cost and shortened life on anything but a maximum effort racer. Good swirl-polished stainless valves, stiffer springs, and Ti retainers will hold some high rpm and will last longer.

Ti valves alone will probably cost $120-150+ apiece, especially if they aren't a standard size already offered by a manufacturer AND if they are only sold in small lots.