08 yz450 exhaust.. wich one

May be of interest to you guys wanting to duplicate the factory look.

On the Motocross Action website is the following rumor: "Team Yamaha could be announcing a new exhaust sponsor later in the week."

There is no DRD slip-on. Complete systems only, and yes, the '06-'07 pipe fits and performs fine on an '08.

Hey grey. I just ordered my yz250f dr. d and got their new catalog. There are part numbers for slipon's in it but only in the stainless/aluminum version.

Hey grey. I just ordered my yz250f dr. d and got their new catalog. There are part numbers for slipon's in it but only in the stainless/aluminum version.

What year YZ450F are the slip-ons for?

That's new. I stand corrected.

well i found the 08 white bros E2 slip-on at the BTO site

i'm going to go with that and let you know.

thanx for all the help.

It's theoretically plausible that the Mega Bomb might do that, IMO, and the monkey says it works. For now, I think we have to take his word for that and wait for more feedback.

I agree it has to do something because it ad's volume , I just wonder about picking up topend without opening up the flow :ride: , if it does it's a great mod for the guys that want to keep the stock muff :thumbsup:

May be of interest to you guys wanting to duplicate the factory look.

On the Motocross Action website is the following rumor: "Team Yamaha could be announcing a new exhaust sponsor later in the week."

The industry isn't that strong right now. New bike sales are down, especially in CA where the real estate market has taken a big hit, and therefore sales of aftermarket products are down. White Brothers is down sizing, no more engine department , due to the economy and probably doesn't want to fork out the money to sponsor team yamaha at the present time. My understanding is that street bike sales haven't been effected nearly as much as the off road section.

The industry isn't that strong right now. New bike sales are down, especially in CA where the real estate market has taken a big hit, and therefore sales of aftermarket products are down. White Brothers is down sizing, no more engine department , due to the economy and probably doesn't want to fork out the money to sponsor team yamaha at the present time. My understanding is that street bike sales haven't been effected nearly as much as the off road section.

It will be interesting to see who steps up. ProCircuit has Kawasaki and Suzuki, Yoshimura has Honda. I'm betting on FMF or Dr. D for Yamaha if White Brothers doesn't come through.

MRD - what would it take to go big? Are you looking for investment partners?

It will be interesting to see who steps up. ProCircuit has Kawasaki and Suzuki, Yoshimura has Honda. I'm betting on FMF or Dr. D for Yamaha if White Brothers doesn't come through.

MRD - what would it take to go big? Are you looking for investment partners?

if they asked I would supply the pipes for sure , but I think there is money involved with those deals too , I would need investers like you said , if they call me , I am calling you :thumbsup:

Yeah, those are big dollar sponsorships. They do it for the advertising as we all know. I can only imagine how much money we are talking about. I'd guess anywhere from 100k-250k a year.

Dr. D certainly would be a good fit although I don't think they need to as there product sells itself and it would just increase costs.

if they asked I would supply the pipes for sure , but I think there is money involved with those deals too , I would need investers like you said , if they call me , I am calling you :thumbsup:

I like your attitude. Since they probably won't ask or are in a RFP process, why don't we try to find out? Although it may already be too late, not trying is a definite no.

You must have confidence in your pipes. Do you have a connection with or to Steve Butler at Yamaha? It can't hurt to try to ask them to test and "feel" the difference in a custom pipe designers capabilities. If they share what they would be looking for, then you will know the committment required. You can then gear up for the future or like you said, "call" and maybe we could expedite things. Winners have vision. You are probably already living your dream, but the future could always be brighter.

I like your attitude. Since they probably won't ask or are in a RFP process, why don't we try to find out? Although it may already be too late, not trying is a definite no.

You must have confidence in your pipes. Do you have a connection with or to Steve Butler at Yamaha? It can't hurt to try to ask them to test and "feel" the difference in a custom pipe designers capabilities. If they share what they would be looking for, then you will know the committment required. You can then gear up for the future or like you said, "call" and maybe we could expedite things. Winners have vision. You are probably already living your dream, but the future could always be brighter.

I only know Lawler , he ran the watercraft team , they used to run my FI systems , I am hoping to run into him at Glen Helen this weekend and see what he thinks :thumbsup:

I only know Lawler , he ran the watercraft team , they used to run my FI systems , I am hoping to run into him at Glen Helen this weekend and see what he thinks :thumbsup:

Cool - wish you the best. I'm down at Budd's Creek for the beginning of the Winter Series. It's going to be a nice day of racing Sunday. Do you still race/ride yourself?

Grey,

I stand corrected! I was partly wrong. I went and looked at the catelog again. They only offer slipon's for the steel frame 450's not the al frame yz's.

Sorry!

Cool - wish you the best. I'm down at Budd's Creek for the beginning of the Winter Series. It's going to be a nice day of racing Sunday. Do you still race/ride yourself?

cool , cool track too, good luck , yep still riding and racing , when you have rode this long and you stop you get stiff and sore :thumbsup:

Hot off the press: "The factory Yamaha team has dropped White Bros. as a pipe sponsor and has swicthed to the Slovenian made Akrapovic pipes."

Hot off the press: "The factory Yamaha team has dropped White Bros. as a pipe sponsor and has swicthed to the Slovenian made Akrapovic pipes."
What, no citation? No link? :thumbsup:
What, no citation? No link? :thumbsup:

Sorry about that Gray - I'll try not to let that happen again. Thanks DPW.