Advice On YZ450F '05' - Rings and Valves

Has been two years since purchase of my '05' YZ450F and was considering replacing the rings with the ones in the spares kit...+ also re-shim the valves if they need...

Is this advisable ??? Will these bring the bike back to life ??? When hot the bike and trying to start, sometimes it takes a few extra kicks and feels as if ther is no compression in the motor??? I have had the valves checked twice since purchase once after break in and once about twelve months ago, nothing had moved and all was in spec...

Should I just keep ridin and save my coin for a newbie :thumbsup:

Has been two years since purchase of my '05' YZ450F and was considering replacing the rings with the ones in the spares kit...+ also re-shim the valves if they need...

Is this advisable ??? Will these bring the bike back to life ??? When hot the bike and trying to start, sometimes it takes a few extra kicks and feels as if ther is no compression in the motor??? I have had the valves checked twice since purchase once after break in and once about twelve months ago, nothing had moved and all was in spec...

Should I just keep ridin and save my coin for a newbie :thumbsup:

I'd replace the rings, valve springs, valve seals, and timing chain. A fresh set of rings will make a noticable difference, the rest of it is preventative maintenance.

I also installed the heavier flywheel when I purchased to smooth out the power, now I am wanting it back, however I still do a lot of Enduro, I would say I compete 50/50 On Track and Trail...

Looking to get the snap back...:thumbsup:

I am doing mine right now. 05 YZ 450 105 hours. A long season. I went through this site in the oem store and paid like 240 for Piston, Rings, wristpin, clips, valve seals, valve springs, keepers and timing chain. I'll tell ya Thursday as tonight I am doing a little cleaning to my intake and exhaust ports.

Yah keen to hear the results!

Much better. Snappier and way easier to start!! I just need to get a new clutch basket to get rid of some annoying noises while sitting on the stand,