To buy or not...need some feed back

I used to ride street bikes and i have always wanted a motocross bike..So i went ahead picked up a cr85 thinking start off small on the 2stroke world...I made a mistake when i went and picked up a ktm 250sx for a friend and took it for a spin..I know its a bigger bike, but didnt realize the diff in ergonomics in how the bike felt (i'm 6ft)

The dealer has a used 2006 yz450f that looks to be barely riden asking $5000

or a 2008 crf250r for $6000...

Does the yz have a better engine as far as maintenance then the crf's?

The dealer has a used 2006 yz450f that looks to be barely riden asking $5000

or a 2008 crf250r for $6000...

Does the yz have a better engine as far as maintenance then the crf's?

Yes it does, although the CRF has improved in that regard quite a bit in the last 3 years.

DO NOT pay $5K for an '06 YZ450. You can get brand new left over '07's for very little more than that, and I just recently paid $3800 for my second '06 (ridden twice since new and looked it) in SoCal, no less. It's a great bike, but you can do much better.

Well i just took your advice...i picked up a 2006 yz450f for $3300..going to go pick it up friday or monday..i'm glad i looked around (its worth the decent drive)

:thumbsup:

If I'm not mistaken it was the one off ebay from kentucky, right? If it was nice buy I almost bid against you (the winner) but once it reached 2900 I was out. Really good deal if it was you that got it. I'm jealous!

Yep that was me:applause: .....it was a good deal and a clean looking bike. I talk to the dealer about it, he did have a 04 more than likely coming in..but i like the 06 better and took a chance..I feel bad leaving my honda roots, but i didnt like what i keep hearing about valve issues, ect..

When i get it here i need to drive by the dealer and show him that i got the same bike for 1700 less..