HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Todapwr

To buy or not...need some feed back

5 posts in this topic

I used to ride street bikes and i have always wanted a motocross bike..So i went ahead picked up a cr85 thinking start off small on the 2stroke world...I made a mistake when i went and picked up a ktm 250sx for a friend and took it for a spin..I know its a bigger bike, but didnt realize the diff in ergonomics in how the bike felt (i'm 6ft)

The dealer has a used 2006 yz450f that looks to be barely riden asking $5000

or a 2008 crf250r for $6000...

Does the yz have a better engine as far as maintenance then the crf's?

The dealer has a used 2006 yz450f that looks to be barely riden asking $5000

or a 2008 crf250r for $6000...

Does the yz have a better engine as far as maintenance then the crf's?

Yes it does, although the CRF has improved in that regard quite a bit in the last 3 years.

DO NOT pay $5K for an '06 YZ450. You can get brand new left over '07's for very little more than that, and I just recently paid $3800 for my second '06 (ridden twice since new and looked it) in SoCal, no less. It's a great bike, but you can do much better.

Well i just took your advice...i picked up a 2006 yz450f for $3300..going to go pick it up friday or monday..i'm glad i looked around (its worth the decent drive)

:thumbsup:

If I'm not mistaken it was the one off ebay from kentucky, right? If it was nice buy I almost bid against you (the winner) but once it reached 2900 I was out. Really good deal if it was you that got it. I'm jealous!

Yep that was me:applause: .....it was a good deal and a clean looking bike. I talk to the dealer about it, he did have a 04 more than likely coming in..but i like the 06 better and took a chance..I feel bad leaving my honda roots, but i didnt like what i keep hearing about valve issues, ect..

When i get it here i need to drive by the dealer and show him that i got the same bike for 1700 less..