HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wr426rdr

front wheel gear unit removal replacement?

7 posts in this topic

On the '01s, you can use the YZ spacer to eliminate the odo drive. You need to also use the YZ seal on the bearing, as the WR bearing is unsealed. That's what I did on my 01 WR when I added a Trail Tech Endurance computer. Works great.

hopefully i am understanding you correctly. By looking at this (http://www.yamahaparts-direct.com/fiche_section_detail.asp) looking at an 01 YZ 426 front wheel , i think i need part #13 and part #4 to get the spacer, plus the bearing?

please let me know if that is correct. I also replaced the stock odo with trail tech. The wheel does not spin freely at all, so hopefully these 2 parts would be the difference.

Thanks!

You can also just remove the ring gear from #13 to reduce some of the drag since there is no cable to turn.

hopefully i am understanding you correctly. By looking at this (http://www.yamahaparts-direct.com/fiche_section_detail.asp) looking at an 01 YZ 426 front wheel , i think i need part #13 and part #4 to get the spacer, plus the bearing?

please let me know if that is correct. I also replaced the stock odo with trail tech. The wheel does not spin freely at all, so hopefully these 2 parts would be the difference.

Thanks!

You are correct. #13 is the spacer, and #4 is the seal. If you are going to replace bearings, pick up a pivot works , moose, or other YZ426 front wheel bearing kit, and yu will be good yo go. This trick doesn't work on 02's by the way, just 01 and earlier.