Glamis legal?

You need a helmet, whip flag, and the $ 25 dollar temp reg. sticker, you can get whatever you need from Sweet Maries right on Gecko Road, I don;t think you need the spark arrestor anymore, I could me mistaken, I go there twice a year for 10 days and never had that issue come up.

The temp registration is only if you DONT have your bike registered in your home state.http://www.glamisonline.org/dunes_law_enforcement_faqs.asp See question 20. I heard that rumor before we left last Wed. I called BLM directly and they told me the same. I also checked once we got there, & found the same, as long as your bike is registered in AZ, all you need is a flag, & camping permit, 7 days-$25 Have fun, & be safe, It gets crazy around Gecko Rd, Olds & Osbourne.

I pasted the below from the BLM's website.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/elcentro/recreation/ohvs/caohv.html

REGISTRATION.

1. Vehicles operated on federal and state highways, county roads, and BLM's Gecko Road, Gray's Well Road, and McCain Valley must be licensed for highway use.

2. Off highway vehicles owned by California residents must be registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicles and display a valid Green Sticker or Red Sticker Vehicle Identification Tag (38020,38010 C.V.C.) in a clearly visible location on the vehicle. (38170 C.V.C.) View Red Sticker riding schedule . (*.pdf)

3. Off highway vehicles that do not have a valid registration or permit from the owners home state (incl. Mexico and Canada) will be required to purchase a California nonresident permit (sticker) through selected vendors in CA, NV, AZ ( view vendor list ). Permits may also be purchased from CA Dept. of Parks and Recreation 916 324-4442. (38020 C.V.C.)

REQUIRED EQUIPMENT. According to California State law, any off highway vehicle must be equipped with an approved muffler, brakes, and spark arrester. Headlight and taillight are required for operation at night. Tail lights must include at least one red light .

There has been alot of debate about the registration. To be safe, pick up the green sticker at one of the vendors out there which is good for a year. The problem is most dirt bikes in AZ are titles only and not registered unless you have it street legal. I have never had a problem out there and usually do not buy the permit for out of state residence, but if you want to make sure and have the peace of mind then it is worth the money to get.

Hlemt and flag as others mentioned are also required and you will get a ticket very fast without either. Many use the glags mounted to a bracket for the rear axle. I used this for some time but kept breaking off flags. I then went to a flag mount that bolts to on of the bolts on the seat and the to the fender and not one broken flag since.

There has been alot of debate about the registration. To be safe, pick up the green sticker at one of the vendors out there which is good for a year. The problem is most dirt bikes in AZ are titles only and not registered unless you have it street legal.

I totaly forgot the about the title/registration deal in AZ. My bad, I'm glad you said something. So if you have an AZ plate, that does not mean it's registered right? Only titled?

Sorry for the mis-information. ?

So if you have an AZ plate, that does not mean it's registered right? Only titled?
If you have a "plate", as in street legal anywhere in the country, that certifies you have paid highway use fees in your state, and under the reciprocity laws, that entitles you to use any California roadway or ORV area.

But most dirt bikes are not legally equipped for road use, and have no need to pay for hwy use taxes, nor are they required to pay them. In AZ, these vehicles are issued titles only, establishing legal ownership, just as CA used to do before the OHV sticker thing got started. Bikes such as this have not paid any road or OHV use fees, and are required to do so when in CA OHV areas.

Thanks for the clarification, I guess the guy that told me to get a sticker was right & I owe him an apology. I've been 4-5 times with no trouble, but I'm not a cheat so I will be buying a sticker next time.

I heard a rumor AZ was going to adopt a program similar to the CA sticker system. I will have to see where that went.

Thanks for the clarification,

I heard a rumor AZ was going to adopt a program similar to the CA sticker system. I will have to see where that went.

PLEASE! NO,NO,NO,NO.... Leave us alone I promise we'll behave....