Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Family Man

whats the best exaust for adding more power to a 2007 yz450

38 posts in this topic

whats the best exhaust for adding more power to a 2007 yz450 : Im not interested in adding more maintenance, so probley no carbon fiber, dont want to have to repack all the time: :thumbsup:

maybee mrd dr d or white bros

Dr.D stainless steel system is a great pipe for the money. I think everyone here likes them. WB aluminum pro is also a great pipe and I think they run about the same price. If money isn't an issue than the titanium versions of each of those systems are great and weigh a little less.

What does anyone know about the factory 4.1 titanium from FMF? Power bomb or mega bomb make any difference? Are people happy with slip ons or do you need to spend the money for the full system? (for the 07yz450f)

make sure you don't get the pro circuit t-4..my dad is trying to get rid of his after one ride. and my dr. d stainless is on its way home right now, and i'm going riding next weekend so i'll try to give you a review.

and i'm sure grayracer will vouch for the quality and performance of the dr. d.

make sure you don't get the pro circuit t-4..my dad is trying to get rid of his after one ride. and my dr. d stainless is on its way home right now, and i'm going riding next weekend so i'll try to give you a review.

and i'm sure grayracer will vouch for the quality and performance of the dr. d.

Whats wrong with the Pro circuit? I'm running a TI-4 on my 08 and love it. I also run a Dr.D on my 06 and love it. For the money however, I would go with a DR D stainless/aluminum. One of the most durable pipes there is. I got my pro Circuit for 200 Bucks...Full TI!!!!!!!!

well my dad had it on his 06 and it changed the power somehow and he was playing with the fuel screw trying to fix it one way or another but nothing helped, his bike was bogging on hills that normally it'll scream right up.

well my dad had it on his 06 and it changed the power somehow and he was playing with the fuel screw trying to fix it one way or another but nothing helped, his bike was bogging on hills that normally it'll scream right up.

He needed to change the jetting quite a bit if he was using it on an 06. As a matter of fact, if i remember pro circuits recommended jetting for that year, every jet in the carburetor needed to be changed. 170 main/50 pilot and a smaller number <BIGGER> leak jet....stock needle with the clip dropped to the 5 th posistion. No wonder it didn't work out.

Dr. D and its quiet also.

its quiet with the quiet insert, i just put my new stainless dr. d with the spark arrestor on my 07 and it was so loud i could barely hear myself talk in the garage, i hear with the quiet insert it lowers it down to 94dB with minimal powerloss.

I rode my '07 with the Dr.D full system yesterday (loading up in few minutes to go again) and it works very well. Their customer service is awesome as well.

I put the Factory 4.1 slip on on my 07 and I noticed a difference. It seems to have a little more grunt right from the bottom to the top and hold the top a little longer. Also sounds alot better than stock.

How do you guys feel about just adding the silencer rather then the whole kit? Is most of the power found in the muffler or the head pipe? I like the way the strock pipe looks and its made of TI, so i dont see too much reason to replace it... but I love the looks of a carbon pipe.

If I were to just get the carbon pipe which do you guys like better... the white brothers or the Dr. D? Any ideas where I can get a good deal?

Thanks guys,

Rob

Which pipe do you guys think will add the most power, I dont really care about meeting sound levels as I ride mostly on private land. Im thinking white bros aluminum pro, or big gun evo 2. are the gains noticable or are they negligible with an aftermarket exhaust. the stock system seems like there could be more power to be had due to the tinsy exhaust exit hole. :banghead:

whats the best exhaust for adding more power to a 2007 yz450 : Im not interested in adding more maintenance, so probley no carbon fiber, dont want to have to repack all the time: :banghead:

maybee mrd dr d or white bros

Dr. D...End of Story.

Which pipe do you guys think will add the most power, I dont really care about meeting sound levels as I ride mostly on private land.

Have you looked into Thunder Alley pipes ? These used to be all the rage

here on TT years ago. They are loud...really loud, and the reason I think they fell from grace here on this board and in general.

Those pipes really made the 426 lively ! :banghead:

http://www.thunder-alley.net/