Battery life?

I have a 2005 650L. I will be going down to the Baja after Chirstmas and was wondering what kind of battery life other guys have experenced? I'm not sure if I should to buy a spare or not.

I have a 2005 650L. I will be going down to the Baja after Chirstmas and was wondering what kind of battery life other guys have experenced? I'm not sure if I should to buy a spare or not.

It's highly variable. One friend got 7 years out of his battery and another got six months. The big thing that kills them is sitting. If you ride it at least once a month they last longer. If it sits for three months or longer that can really be hard on them.

Get a battery tender if it sits. I love the new moose power max gel batterys. Mountable in any position and they are flawless so far (8months).

battery tender yes that will help tremendously but id run it till it shows signs of dying then buy another.

cleonard said it best. the lifespan of any specific battery can vary wildly. best you can do is ride often and it will last. a battery tender is a good choice too. i have a 05 xr650l and just put a hotcam in (which gets rid of the auto decompressor) and it still cranks over with little effort.

on the other hand, if you have left over cash and are worried about it, just buy a new one!