HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nate R

Hand Guards?

6 posts in this topic

Want to add hand guards to my XL600. I like the idea of aluminum handguards as I would like the extra lever protection. But a bit pricey, from what I've seen.

Any reason I can't use something like the emgo handguards that have plastic molded directly around aluminum?

e7997950.jpg

Or is there a reason I should spend the extra money on the Acerbis?

e12132506.jpg

look at both and see how their shape is and if one looks like theres less finger room and all, If its a money thing then get the cheaper ones and im sure youll love them. I looked into some and saw the Cycra's for like $59 at cycle gear not a bad price i think.

Try Zetas. That's what I use, they have the probend so you dont pin your wrist. They were $20 less than the cycra probends. The one referenced ^^ are only composite, not metal.

I have used the EMGO hand guards for the last 5 years both on my current bike (XR650R) and my last bike. I have no issues. I am running Pro tapers; I am using the Moose large diameter guard/bar clamp. They have held up as expected. I bent the hell out of my Pro Tapers on a high speed get off a few years ago, the hand guards survived just fine. They are also cheaper than the Acerbis ones

good luck

I've a set of the mooses on my xrr, some pro-tapers on my xr4, and the acerbis rally pros on my tw200.

The acerbis are the best of the lot- the inboard attachment is nicer/stonger, and the bar-end insert is TONS better- it uses a conical insert which is drawn into a knurled outer tube when you tighten the end bolt. The others use a pair of alu wedges set against one another; total shite in comparison.

When I upgrade the bars on my xrr, I'll replace the handguards with a set of rally pros.