05 wr450 question

Yes, but you will have to relocate the ignition switch and the bracket that holds the electrical connectors.

There is a TSB from Yamaha (on '05 - later WR's and '04 - later YFZ's)addressing a problem with the battery not charging when the headlight is disconnected. The charging system requires the load from the headlight to maintain proper charging voltage to the battery.

There is a ballast resistor that needs to replace the headlight to keep the charging system working correctly.

I'll have to dig up the part no.'s if you want to order them.

I'll have to dig up the TSB

I don't know about any TSB regarding the headlight and battery issues as I've had my light disconnected for over a year without issue. Also, I didn't have to move the ignition or odometer as I fabricated up a couple of extension brackets out of aluminum bar stock. My plate stands up a little straighter, but you barely notice it...SC

MXJunky uses a Cycra front number plate, and does not relocate the ignition switch or the odometer. It actually looks kinda hokie when observed up close, but MXJunky only uses it when he does the MX thing (to avoid smashing the high dollar headlight in case of a lip-skid).

DubSack.jpg

MXJunky has not had any problems with the battery holding a charge, but MXJunky does use a Battery Tender when the bike sits for more than two weeks.

I don't know about any TSB regarding the headlight and battery issues as I've had my light disconnected for over a year without issue. Also, I didn't have to move the ignition or odometer as I fabricated up a couple of extension brackets out of aluminum bar stock. My plate stands up a little straighter, but you barely notice it...SC

Maybe I'm wrong about the years affected but I know it's for the years that Yamaha did away with the headlight switch.

There were issues with YFZ (four wheeler) owners removing the headlight and the voltage regulator susequently frying itself. I believe the TSB addressed WR owners as well.

The fix was to add a ballast resistor in place of the headlight.