HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Black Mesa Offroad

Why I Love The BRP

15 posts in this topic

Because when it slams you to the ground, it feels like King Kong slamming you to the ground. Why mess around with the light, wimpier bikes when the BRP gets the job done just right?:worthy:

Hopefully I will never ever be in the position again of being pinned to the ground by that freaking beast. There is no fun to be had in such activities.:worthy:

It's called cushioning the bike with your body and I know a lot about it. I've saved my bike on multiple occasions. The worst was when it tried to pin me to the bottom of a creek. I don't breath so well underwater.

Rule 1 for us lone riders-

Don't get stuck under the bike!

Had to pull a boot off once, had to rip down some vines another time.

Dave

Rule 1 for us lone riders-

Don't get stuck under the bike!

Had to pull a boot off once, had to rip down some vines another time.

Dave

What really sucks about the whole incident is yesterday was the second time in the sand I've laid it down. The first time, up in Moab, I was probably going twice as fast and was able to bail and land on my feet. Yesterday, it happened so dang fast. I don't know, probably because of the speed, it didn't assist in launching me away from the bike. One second I'm just tooling along looking for a spot to stop, next second the ground is rocketing towards my face at warp speed. My arm shot out to brace the fall, I felt some lovely strains in my shoulder muscles and then all action ceased.

Last night, I was inspecting my helmet. Even though I never felt anything hit my head, the visor did go into the sand a few inches, but on the back side is some white scuff marks from I don't know where.

Although I have gotten more confident in the sand, I'm still no Johnny Rockettime through the stuff, but if there was any lesson from yesterday's mishap that I learned is never get overconfident in the stuff. :thumbsup:

Half the fun of dirt biking are the battle scars and stories you earn along the way.

The scabs, the bruises, the scars........

A seasoned dirt biker is kinda like a good cast iron skillet. A new one is grey and unseasoned with a virgin finish on it. A well used cast iron skillet is pitch black from all the different times it's been used on the stove, in the oven, or over the campfire, and it has acquired a certain patina to prove it's age and experience.

Sit around a campfire with a bunch of guys who've been riding for years, throw in a couple of cold brews, and enjoy the show.

Hey Denn,

I was supposed to be up at the desert this weekend, in fact, I'd probably be on the road right now, but my brake system went haywire on the truck last night.

The brakes were feeling kinda spongy, so I decided to bleed them last night before I loaded up and hooked up the trailer. Bad move, something went wrong and now I have no brake pressure at all. i was too pissed to mess with it last night, so I'll be doing that later today. Looks like I'll be in the dez next weekend instead.

We'll have to trade riding stories when I tape my header.

Hey Denn,

I was supposed to be up at the desert this weekend, in fact, I'd probably be on the road right now, but my brake system went haywire on the truck last night.

The brakes were feeling kinda spongy, so I decided to bleed them last night before I loaded up and hooked up the trailer. Bad move, something went wrong and now I have no brake pressure at all. i was too pissed to mess with it last night, so I'll be doing that later today. Looks like I'll be in the dez next weekend instead.

We'll have to trade riding stories when I tape my header.

what type of truck you have?

prolly some crappy FORD lol let me know for sure and maybe we can ride a bit Ill be camping out behind SoCal logistics airport the week of thanksgiving. Father in law has been going out there for like 25 years. We go right off the river about 1/2 way between the airport and Silver Lakes.

GL with the brakes bleeding can be a biatch sometimes specially if you forget to add a bit before it sucks a little air and then it takes forever to get out. TRY THIS sometimes i have been lucky to open bleeders and have gravity work for me and get them to flow. ITS slow but it works just takes some time GL let us know

i got an aunt and uncle living in silver lakes. look for an old blue 78 it400 and give him some shit for me!!!

prolly some crappy FORD lol

Quit talkin' smack about my truck ......or I'll say something mean to you! :lol: :lol:

:lol:

yeah, it's a Ford. But in it's defense, this is the first time it's ever left me stranded. Guess it had to happen eventually.

I'll be checking out the brakes today, was too busy the last couple of days to get around to it.

Ever had so many projects going on at one time, all of them defcon 4 level, that you don't know which to start/finish first? That be me.:thumbsup::ride::busted: